Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learning to drive !! The Story as it happens!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Me bad.. Me busy. Right I have the last 2 of my lessons done and must get them typed up along with news on the insurance on the A3. You know this week is the first without lessons in a while and 1. I am missing them... 2. I am getting concerned that I may forget what I was taught if I leave it too long..lol.. I know I know its like riding a bike... bet it would be easier to reverse round a corner on a bike though :D

How's it been going? Any more outings since last time?

I'll take that as a no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭foxylaydee

Enjoyed reading that!

What does the 6 month rule mean??

Good luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you are on your first Learner's Permit then you cannot sit the test until you have held the permit for a minimum of six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yikes I had forgotten all about this thread :o

Well bottom line is I only had enough €€€ for the 12 lessons. Still on the learners permit and haven't had a lesson in a year. I drive about 100km weekly in her-self's lovely new Audi. Mostly on main roads and accompanied at all times of course. When the work and €€€ improve I will invest in more lessons and finish this adventure.

(Thank you to the silver Ford driver who nudged me to remind me of this thread... hmm maybe he would let me practice in his car):D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Dónal wrote: »
    How's it been going? Any more outings since last time?
    Dónal wrote: »
    I'll take that as a no :)

Wow, exactly a year apart. :)

OP, I loved reading all your logs about learning to drive. You sound like a fast learner!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

irish1967 wrote: »
    (Thank you to the silver Ford driver who nudged me to remind me of this thread... hmm maybe he would let me practice in his car):D
    Keep your paws of my car. :D

Advertisement