Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome - New web browser launching tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Its a pity that chrome was not built to be completely CSS3 compatible i.e. to completely pass the ACID3 test that would have made it stand from IE7/8 and FF3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks for posting,its interesting
    Edit:I now dislike this browser decided to see how it handles flash etc(if it does)
    went to youtube and wow it slower!Opened firefox and got to youtube quicker and chrome is still loading

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So is there going to be loads of extensions like in Firefox? I hope so, I miss my "Mouse Gestures" already!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Loving the EULA:

Interesting topic here about it. Maybe it's just boilerplate stuff for the time being, but some interesting interpretations of what it could mean.

Also - from their privacy statement:
    Your copy of Google Chrome includes one or more unique application numbers

Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

zAbbo wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're being intentionally patrionising, but no-one is giving reasons to switch, especially before trying it out.

Wasn't at all trying to be patronising; some of the posts did give reasons why some may switch "simplicity" "stability" "firefox tends to crash"
    The point we were discussing was if Chrome would make a dent in the market i.e. if web users would switch.

Chrome suffers first security flaw, that was quick...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10031250-83.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Merging with the main thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

axer wrote: »
    Different perspectives.

Yep. I don't read C&T - only programming and web dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I downloaded it for some reason and to be honest its great. I've been on IE 7 and always used IE (I find firefox chunky and slow - not to mention the missing things such as java and flash dont install very easily)

Chrome seems to be a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

It's pretty good, but I've moved my non-work email away from google just now.
    I don't really fancy them being a one for all internet services provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Crashed first four times I tried to access options. XP Pro 64. Uninstalled well though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

axer wrote: »
    Its a pity that chrome was not built to be completely CSS3 compatible i.e. to completely pass the ACID3 test that would have made it stand from IE7/8 and FF3.

A - Only for developers. Noone else would care.
    B - It's based on the webkit rendering engine. They didn't write a new one.
    C - CSS3 isn't even a finished spec yet, so that's not even possible to create a CSS3 browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Just installed Chrome on my work pc there and went to http://acid3.acidtests.org/

It gave a score of 76/100 but failed a link test. What exactly does this mean?

At home, it imported my bookmarks from Firefox 3 without any problems. Although it doesnt give any errors on my PC at work, there are no bookmarks imported...

Advertisement