Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my workout routine please?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Okay well I've made up my own workout program, it was a combination of a program that was made for me when I was on the U-18 irish basketball squad and spotting I use to do with a friend of mine who is a fitness instructor.
    So here is my program, it has produced great results for me, I have always had a good build but this program is defining and toning muscles and building them up. Unfortunately because I'm always busy in the week I can only go to the gym once or twice. But when college starts im hoping to go around 3 times a week and record my progress for 12 weeks.
    So here it is:

I have divided my body into 7 groups:
    shoulders, back, chest, stomach, biceps, triceps and legs.
    I usually try to incorporate a push and pull exercise with weights for each group. I have not mentioned the exercises I do simply because I change them so around so often, but of course I do the main ones such as bicep curls, bench press, etc, so i try to be creative.

SHOULDERS: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

BICEPS: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

BACK: Upper Back 1 exercise pull - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Lower Back 1 exercise push - 3 sets of 10 reps

CHEST: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

TRICEP: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

STOMACH: 2 exercises - 3 sets of 20 reps for each exercise.

LEGS: 3 exercises - subdivided into - thighs - 3 sets of 10 reps
    hamstrings - 3 sets of 10 reps
    calves - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

How long does it take you to train?
    Are you doing all that in one day?
    How do you do a chest/shoulder pulling exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Transform wrote: »
    How long does it take you to train?
    Are you doing all that in one day?
    How do you do a chest/shoulder pulling exercise?

I train for about an hour and half, doing the full body in that time. So I get all those exercises done in an hour and half, the only break I take is a few seconds in between each set and then I move on.

Pulling exercises for chest and shoulders, well what I'd do for the chest is lie down on the ground with my legs elevated on a bench and with a bar i'd pull my body up, kind like the opposite of a bench press.
    Pulling exercise for shoulders would be behind the neck pull ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lolz those exercises are for your lats. You should post up exactly what exercises you are doing if you want real answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Okay well I've made up my own workout program, it was a combination of a program that was made for me when I was on the U-18 irish basketball squad and spotting I use to do with a friend of mine who is a fitness instructor.
    So here is my program, it has produced great results for me, I have always had a good build but this program is defining and toning muscles and building them up. Unfortunately because I'm always busy in the week I can only go to the gym once or twice. But when college starts im hoping to go around 3 times a week and record my progress for 12 weeks.
    So here it is:

I have divided my body into 7 groups:
    shoulders, back, chest, stomach, biceps, triceps and legs.
    I usually try to incorporate a push and pull exercise with weights for each group. I have not mentioned the exercises I do simply because I change them so around so often, but of course I do the main ones such as bicep curls, bench press, etc, so i try to be creative.

SHOULDERS: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

BICEPS: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

BACK: Upper Back 1 exercise pull - 3 sets of 10 reps
    Lower Back 1 exercise push - 3 sets of 10 reps

CHEST: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

TRICEP: 2 exercises (push and pull) - 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.

STOMACH: 2 exercises - 3 sets of 20 reps for each exercise.

LEGS: 3 exercises - subdivided into - thighs - 3 sets of 10 reps
    hamstrings - 3 sets of 10 reps
    calves - 3 sets of 10 reps

All body parts can only be workrd out with either a push or a pull exercises with the exception of shoulders, check out starting strength for a proper workout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Your workout is too long and you need to get a grasp of basic programing

A decent workout will never take any longer than an hour and if your even able to do all of the above then either the weights your using are too light or your workout intensity is too light

• Advertisement
Advertisement