Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair €1 flights Sept + Oct

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

mobpd wrote: »
    I think my pal who flew Ryanair from Doncaster to dublin last week and were delayed FIVE hours whilst a replacement airplane was sought has good reason to complain about Ryanair. No information given during the delay.

Boo hoo,

I've been delayed at some stage or another with Aerlingus, KLM, Lufthansa, BA, BMI, Easyjet, Wizzair ... i could go on and on and on .. its the way it is and the fact is Ryanair WANT to be on time, they lose money when the plane isn't in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

craichoe wrote: »
    Actually Visa Electron is more of a Debit card than Visa Debit, Electron requires 100% of the money to be available on debit, Visa Debit can overdraw.

Visa Electron doesn't work in alot of places as alot of terminals cant check if you have sufficient funds at the time of purchase.

Similar to American Express then...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes, but visa electron is accepted in more places than American express.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

kingaaa wrote: »
    I can live with the calvary charge for seats, the over the top c/c charges and the flagrant market-stall sales tactics while on board, but these offers never seem to be applicable to dates I want to go away! I just tried Malaga for 3 nights in october thurs-sun and it works out at nearly 300 yoyo's each.

Fridays + Sundays not covered - it's Mon-Thurs + Sat

Nice one OP, ta, you've just saved me about 250 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

But yeah I'm always wary of connecting flights with ryanair. I'm booking a second flight late in the day from London to Dublin. €6 it costs, might as well have a back up if my flights from Spain is delayed.

At these prices its worth it to book for a good few hours early or even a day to be sure you don't miss a connection - at a tenner, you could well afford a gheap hotel as well and still save money.

I need to go from Dublin to Doncaster in Oct - think I will have to decide on my days for definite and get booking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

At these prices its worth it to book for a good few hours early or even a day to be sure you don't miss a connection - at a tenner, you could well afford a gheap hotel as well and still save money.

I just booked two flights home from London. Supposed to get into London at 12.30. Original flight supposed to leave London at 15.45. Booked the last flight out of London that day too for another €6. Unless the Original flight from Valladolid is completely cancelled (or I miss it), I'll be fine.

Anyways, I'll be very surprised if I don't make the 15.45 flight, but there's no harm in having a €6 insurance policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aramo

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Punctuality
    For the week ending 24/08/2008
    Flights on time : 89% Within 1 hour : 98%

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/fltinfo.php?pos=MYFLIGHT

Ryanair always quote very good figures but if you look at www.flightstats.com you see different numbers, I have never seen Ryanair define what 'on time' means but I'd be surprised if it means what you think it means ;-)

From flightstats.com for Ryanair
    Flights departing on time: 79%
    Flights arriving on time: 73%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

aramo wrote: »
    Ryanair always quote very good figures but if you look at www.flightstats.com you see different numbers, I have never seen Ryanair define what 'on time' means but I'd be surprised if it means what you think it means ;-)

From flightstats.com for Ryanair
    Flights departing on time: 79%
    Flights arriving on time: 73%

I've flown Ryanair over 50 times in the last few years and have never been delayed more than an hour. Normally I've landed early... So I'd be more inclined to believe their own figures.

Advertisement