Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Fuels

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

as i have discovered cheap coal more times than not is just coal bulked up with rubbish stone it dosnt burn that well and your grate will be full of red and white ashy stone in the morning.
    i have started buying good quality coal and for the euro or so a bag its wel well worth it.
    but as for sligo fuels having good quality coal id very much doubt it why start now with coal when youve had poor quality diesil for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

sligono1 wrote: »
    as i have discovered cheap coal more times than not is just coal bulked up with rubbish stone it dosnt burn that well and your grate will be full of red and white ashy stone in the morning.
    i have started buying good quality coal and for the euro or so a bag its wel well worth it.
    but as for sligo fuels having good quality coal id very much doubt it why start now with coal when youve had poor quality diesil for years.

I know nothing about the coal business, but plenty about the petrol/diesel business... 'poor quality' diesel is a rubbish, if not sladerous statement ...all the oil companies bring the same fuel in from the same ships that land at Dublin or Galway ports ... the 'brand' is simply a 'label on the bottle' ... the contents are exactly the same....i.e Topaz and Texaco use the same ships, same product....just labelled/branded differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Your post was reported as being potentially libellous.

Frankly, I'm not going to delete it because it's simply laughable that sligo fuels would be selling "poor quality diesel"
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I went online to order some oil today and checked out boilerjuice.ie tbh they weren't the cheapest. got jonesoil.ie for about 10 quid cheaper than them on 1000 litres...

There is a recession on you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

Big_Mac wrote: »
    I went online to order some oil today and checked out boilerjuice.ie tbh they weren't the cheapest. got jonesoil.ie for about 10 quid cheaper than them on 1000 litres...

There is a recession on you know.
    i have seen an increase in McPartlands Heating Oil but they are still the keenest around for Diesel/Petrol.I cant understand why Jones/LMS Oil don't invest a few pound and put in more pumps in Finisklin,a bit of competition down Finsiklin would do Sligo Fuels no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

i have seen an increase in McPartlands Heating Oil but they are still the keenest around for Diesel/Petrol.I cant understand why Jones/LMS Oil don't invest a few pound and put in more pumps in Finisklin,a bit of competition down Finsiklin would do Sligo Fuels no harm.

McCormacks on Mail Coach Road usually match Sligo Fuels on Diesel and Petrol.
    Agree with you about Jones's.

Essexboy wrote: »
    McCormacks on Mail Coach Road usually match Sligo Fuels on Diesel and Petrol.
    Agree with you about Jones's.
    Ya Matt Lyons is leasing Mailcoach Road at the moment.Id say he isnt making much profit on his fuel,id say he is just having it cheap so he can attract customers to the Shop.

Culchie wrote: »
    I know nothing about the coal business, but plenty about the petrol/diesel business... 'poor quality' diesel is a rubbish, if not sladerous statement ...all the oil companies bring the same fuel in from the same ships that land at Dublin or Galway ports ... the 'brand' is simply a 'label on the bottle' ... the contents are exactly the same....i.e Topaz and Texaco use the same ships, same product....just labelled/branded differently.

well once opon a time i used to get my diesel there all the time as they were the cheapst in town but had to spend alot money fixing injectors pump and getting fileings flushed out of my tank the garage that repaired my car informed that it was poor quality diesel that done the damage,the mechanic told me that this is becoming a common problem with washed diesel been the problem so he advised beware where you buy,and there is more than one outlet in the north west dealing in this fuel.

now Culchie i think your a bit niave to say it all comes off the big ship and down to your local petrol station what about the wee tankers that come from south armagh and dont tell me the exist,
    now dont go slaping me on the wrists im not pointing the finger at the mentioned fuel depot this is a real proplem in the border counties and for any one to belive that it isnt is only coding themselves

now Culchie i think your a bit niave to say it all comes off the big ship and down to your local petrol station what about the wee tankers that come from south armagh and dont tell me the exist
    This is completely slanderous,I personally know the lad that runs Sligo Fuels and i know all his lorry drivers.I've been with them at the refineries before and there is nothing illegal about what they do.

They buy the fuel at Dublin/Derry like everyone else.I was often at both of these depots and all the other Distributors in the North West buy from the same depots.They draw it straight from the depot to the docks in Sligo.These guys are drawing 9/10 load a week,they wouldn't have the time to 'wash it'.

Also its interseting to note that Sligo Fuels supply fuel to other Petrol stations all over the country.So the fuel your buying elsewhere may have came from a Sligo Fuels truck.Don't be bitter with Sligo Fuels because you bought a shoddy car.

this is my last word on the matter but it was no shoddy car it was a brand new A4 so you cant blame the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

now Culchie i think your a bit niave to say it all comes off the big ship and down to your local petrol station what about the wee tankers that come from south armagh and dont tell me the exist,
    now dont go slaping me on the wrists im not pointing the finger at the mentioned fuel depot this is a real proplem in the border counties and for any one to belive that it isnt is only coding themselves

Oh but you already did quite clearly point he finger, even though it looks like you are back tracking now.

To put this into perspective, according to the stats of this thread 2440 people have read this thread.

Even if 10% of people believe what you have said thats 244 people, and if Sligo Fuels have 25% of Sligo market...thats 61 people.

61 people @ 1000 litres = approx €61000 ..... can you see the implications of such a scandalous statement?

If you have proof of wrongdoing, then see a solicitor and seek recourse.... but do not hide behind internet anonimity and discredit a company in this fashion. It's disgraceful.

mate im not backtracking and i not going sparing with the like of you culiche your honors seem to lie very close to sligo fuels i dont know you from adam you could be connected to that firm i dont know and dont care.
    and yes the legal route has been looked at,and im not going to comment any further on that.
    but many people think that theres no such thing as bad fuel well wake up and cop on its all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sligono1 banned for a week for continuing to post ridiculous drivel after receiving an infraction for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

some of these old threads make great reading with hindsight. That guy was banned and ridiculed for telling us of his experience with his car. With the reports in local media he was bang on and I think some should not be as quick to ban people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

I used to go to Sligo Fuels but have switched to Mail Coach Road as of a few months ago.

Interesting alright to dig up an old thread. All fuel definitely not the same i'd agree with that, what goes into the storage tanks is def not what comes out into your car, internal condition of the storage tanks, filters and filter maintainance all contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

And the fact that Sligo Fuels were prosecuted for having green diesel in their derv tanks. Won't be getting my diesel of them again....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

And the fact that Sligo Fuels were prosecuted for having green diesel in their derv tanks. Won't be getting my diesel of them again....

....any links to this story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Think it was the Manorhamilton set up but they we're pulled up alright for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

This is an old thread so I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement