Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in Howth 13th September

Options
2»

Comments

So what is the storey is this going ahead?

Or are we going to retreat to a drier location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Will we retreat to a dryer location? I'm dying of a cold and don't fancy driving all the way out to howth tomorrow. But I will do if the rest of ye want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Forecast seems to suggest it will stay nice until Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrishPegasus

So the plan is 1pm at Howth DART station on Saturday (barring a downpour!)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

That's the plan!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Alrighty. I guess we can check here again in the morn though I'll probably leave the house at around 11.

Yep... if the weather is similiar to how it was today then I'll be there in my little hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

It looks nice out, have a nice day guys.
    I'll be standing in the liffey all day :D

Standing in the liffey? :eek: Where abouts? :)

Yeah lovely day today - look out for me at Howth... long brown hair, green army bag, black jacket. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sun, horray. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Karen_* wrote: »
    Will we retreat to a dryer location? I'm dying of a cold and don't fancy driving all the way out to howth tomorrow. But I will do if the rest of ye want to.
    wasnt looking forward to the dryer location - was that a launderette?

Well it looks lovely out today but I'm only surfacing now! So won't make the walk but I'm feeling rough anyway. Evnjoy the walk who evers going and hope it doesn't rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

I'm trying to give up the drink but haven't quite got there yet. If I come can I have a few drinks just to get me through the day. Just like a few bottles of bud? I understand the rest of you don't drink but I'll just bring a few bottles in case

I'm just finishing up in work now... will hopefully be able to make it out in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Standing in the liffey? :eek: Where abouts? :)

I was in at Lucan weir. Hope your walk went well lads and ladies :)

could not see any bobble hats at all at the trainstation-sorry I missed it

Had a good laugh today! Good bit of exercise.

Howth walk undertaken. Check.

Feeonaw no longer has license to kill us for failing to organise something whilst she's away. Check.

CDfm wrote: »
    could not see any bobble hats at all at the trainstation-sorry I missed it

Bobble hats?

We waited there till around 1.45 before moving off.

It was Shielmartin's Hill that we climbed up in the end. Haven't been up it in a good few years. Not many people seem to go there any more and it's pretty overgrown.

I did a little research. Hard to find a lot of info on the place and I'll try and ask a archaeologist friend of mine this week to see if he knows any more.

But that quartzite stones we were sitting on up at the top was apparently laid there 2000 years ago to mark that spot as the burial place of Crimhthan Niadhnair who was a warrior king of Ireland that would lead successful raids against the Romans across the sea. I can't find anything on the Dolmen we found though... but it's probably much older at about 6-7000 years.

I had my SLR camera with me... so I have plenty of photos I can stick up later.

Good fun though... and it was great not to waste the perfect day.

oops yall looked like tourists

i must buy a bobble hat for the next outing

• Advertisement

Arnold did make an appearance and told us to get to the chopper!

Oh yes.. as I said I took a few photos on the day...

2870593502_7429982481_b.jpg

more here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/monkeyfudge

Ah yes, what a day that was. We should do it again some time. We all thought we saw something run through the trees and we got a bit spooked.

Here's another pic from the day:

MVC-bp1F.JPG

If it bleeds.. we can kill it!

Excellent photos!:D

Advertisement