Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking bad?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 7:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭

has anyone ever seen this before?

I saw an add for it yesterday FX and it looked really good, im now thinking about seing f my "American cousins" can give me the first episode so I can see for myself. Its already been picked up for a 2nd series despite only having 7 episodes in its first one due to the writers strike.

I had never heard of it till yesterday but here is a rundown of what its like/about:
    Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston- Hal from Malcom in the middle), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn), and a teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III lung cancer, and given a prognosis of two years to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter the dangerous world of drugs and crime seeing up a meth lab and ascends to power in his new world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society, and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's an excellent show, one of the best to come out in recent years IMO. Pity we only had 7 episodes, but can't wait for the second season. Bryan Cranston is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It has been one if my favourite shows this year, well worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Amazing show. Bryan Cranston is wow wow wow.

A truly amazing show, one of the most original and entertaining shows in years. Cannot wait till season 2 beigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This show is amazing and am really looking forward to the 2nd season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Discovered this show earlier this week. Excellent. Only on episode 4 and really loving it. Can't believe I've only got 3 more episodes of the first season - so sad, but thank Zeus it was picked up for a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Wouldnt lavish quite so much praise as other posters but it is well worth watching.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just watched the first episode and I have to say I am impressed, how did this one sneak under the radar? it really seems like a quality show and Bryan Cranston is brilliant in the lead role.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

An excellent show.. thought Cranston should have got an Emmy nod but knew deep down the Emmy panel is the most closed group of people working in Television, and wouldn't consider anyone outside their yearly regular contenders! :mad:

3 page existing thread on it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

+1

Just finished watching it last week. Things nicely set up season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just watched episodes 3 and 4 last night (along with eps 6 and 7 of Underbelly). Breaking Bad is a great show. Im trying to stretch out the last 3 episodes over this week.

Advertisement