Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quiz #7 - Least Popular

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

2 answers to this one.

1. Sharing a border means that both countries touch each other but this isn't the case with the USA and Cuba. You can't step from one into another due to the fact that there is a no-man's-land between each country. Technically South and North Korea don't share a border either.

But that's trumped by...

2. Guantanamo Bay isn't part of the USA but instead is only leased from Cuba. The USA holds terrorist suspects here primary because not being in the USA, the inmates aren't subject to US laws as they aren't on US soil. The Republic of Cuba owns Guantanamo Bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aw man, 2 other people said Zachary Taylor?? I was sure I would be alone on that one!

Ah well, 5th place is pretty good. I'm happy! :)

Aw man, 2 other people said Zachary Taylor?? I was sure I would be alone on that one!

Yeah. 19 presidents out of 44 (or 45, can't remember) were listed so loads of opportunity to get max points on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Nah I wasn't challenging you. Had me in doubt as to whether it was a colour in the rainbow or not!!
    It didnt really make a difference to my score but nice to know I answered one uniquely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Great quiz, thanks.

2 'challenges' please :D

1. (I'm on shaky ground on this one)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Romance_languages has a list of languages. Whether one is a 'major' language is not clearly defined.

2. (I'm sure about this :o)

Summer Olympic Sports, are different from Summer Olympics Events. The 100m sprint is not a sport(nor is walking/marathon), it is an event/discipline .... Athletics is the sport (your question asked for an Summer Olympic Sport)

• Advertisement

1. I'm aware that wiki doesn't list the major languages but other sites do if you search for 'major romance languages' and almost all agree on the same 5 though some mention Catalan. My defination of 'major' was a romance language that was the official national language of 1 or more countries of which 'my' 5 qualify. AFAIK Catalan is just a regional language in Spain. Besides Catalan all of the other non-majorromance languages submitted answers are clearly 'wrong'.

2. Yeah I realised this as I was compiling the scores. I had begun by putting 100m under Athletics and was using the Wiki page to determine the sports (there are 26 I think...can't remember right now). For some reason after a long chat with the wife I decided to accept each entry not as an event but as a seperate sport. I can't now recall why but I remember at the time it made perfect sense to not put mountain biking & BMX biking into "Cycling" as they should be. Not a great answer but the best one I can come up with right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

2nd last this time. I'm aiming for last in the next one.:)

Advertisement