Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 days to end of M50 toll gates!!

Options
  • 22-08-2008 3:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Happy days.....the toll plaza is being removed in 8 days time. :D

On a more serious note make sure you have your freeflow tags because you will be prosecuted if you dont according to the NRA (you will get a warning I persume).

You know im wondering how much the economy is going to benefit when this plaza is removed - all our troubles are over except for the toll:mad:....but at least we wont have to stop!:D

Think of how much pain and frustration motorists from all over Ireland and from abroad have experienced at these toll gates.....no more:D:D Cause I had to use it regularly you have no idea how happy I am:D

Those who have experienced this everyday for the last 15 years will know what I mean.

I bet there will be a crowd of people there to see the first brick removed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Thought they were just removing the barriers?

I wont use it any more, going through it for the last time to get to Electric Picnic next Friday -after that, THATS IT !!!!

I aint gettin no plane! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Take a piss on the wall and **** in the little bins you throw the money into before it goes forever my friend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

SpookyDoll wrote: »
    Thought they were just removing the barriers?

I wont use it any more, going through it for the last time to get to Electric Picnic next Friday -after that, THATS IT !!!!

I aint gettin no plane! :mad:

Erm I think the barriers will be up next Friday so you will need a tag. Or just avoid it completely.

EDIT: Saturday actually so your grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted M50 commuter, I can be helpful in rounding up others to drive through their barrier free toll.

On a serious note, It should have come an awful lot sooner, and Im very happy that its coming in as the schools go back. It should help to ease some of the additional congestion that is going to happen.

... Now hurry up and finish the roadworks !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Day 1 - Barriers are lifted.

Day 2 - System Failure

Day 3 - Back to Barriered tolling

Day 4 - Astoroid Hits...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If there weren't rip off 'admin' fees applied to the new tags it would be much better. For a fairly rare user of the M50 (10 or so times a year only) a €1 a month charge is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I cant effin wait! 8 years of being stuck in tail backs waitin to get passed this god forsaken thing! :mad:I reeeeally hope the new system makes a big difference!:rolleyes:

I still dont know how they will find the non payers. Like, your car coudl be registered to any address and you couldve moved several times, how would they find you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I'd be willing to put my money on the bridge actually being worse the first Monday they come into use. My reg also has a zero that looks like an eight ...I wanna see how long I can get away with using it for free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

5starpool wrote: »
    If there weren't rip off 'admin' fees applied to the new tags it would be much better. For a fairly rare user of the M50 (10 or so times a year only) a €1 a month charge is too much.

What about us culchies who only use the M50 twice a year, is there still a good ole fashioned coin bucket for us? And on the same note, why the fook did some mook think it necessary to drop a leaflet about barrier-free tolling through my door in Galway, 200 miles away from the M50?

Phew ....thanks DarkMan2

I wonder how I will get back from Electric Picnic, I might circumvent the barsteward thing by taking a 5 hour detour down all the back roads.

That'll sure teach those Evil overlords. O how they shall click their insect mouthparts in fury.....mWOOOohoooohOOOHAAAhhaaaa!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

cornbb wrote: »
    What about us culchies who only use the M50 twice a year, is there still a good ole fashioned coin bucket for us? And on the same note, why the fook did some mook think it necessary to drop a leaflet about barrier-free tolling through my door in Galway, 200 miles away from the M50?
    Sure our number plates are covered in muck anyway.

They also never answer their phones or emails. Have been trying to get a new easy pass holder and chnage my car reg but havent heard anything back...hmmm...how long before they catch me?:p

What about us culchies who only use the M50 twice a year, is there still a good ole fashioned coin bucket for us?

No you will have to go into a newsagent or petrol station and purchase some sort of tag.

Check out www.eflow.ie

Seriously though this seems a bit complex for people. There are several different ways to pay. I dont fully understand how this is going to work yet - never mind catching evaders. They say they will go after foreigners even!

biko wrote: »
    Sure our number plates are covered in muck anyway.

Pff, the number plates rusted and fell off my tractor ages ago.

darkman2 wrote: »
    There are several different ways to pay. I dont fully understand how this is going to work yet - never mind catching evaders. They say they will go after foreigners even!

The "pay by 8pm the next day" thing i dont understand. What if you're off to the airport on your holliers...are you meant to be findin internet cafes in the middle of lanzarote to pay your toll?:D

Ohter providers

www.etrip.ie

www.etag.ie

I think its best if you use it frequently to just purchase online. Just find a topaz station if you dont for the occasional trip - only if you need to - otherwise just take a detour.

No you will have to go into a newsagent or petrol station and purchase some sort of tag.

Check out www.eflow.ie

Seriously though this seems a bit complex for people. There are several different ways to pay. I dont fully understand how this is going to work yet - never mind catching evaders. They say they will go after foreigners even!

So infrequent users of the M50 or tourists will have to phone a number or go online to pay the toll, and pay 50% more than registered users? Wow, thats a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The toll plaza itself won't actually be removed until October and when they start work on that the NRA reckon that there'll be worse delays for a while. Don't see why they couldn't do it the other way round and remove the plaza first before introducing the new system. Well actually I do know why they're doing it like that - if they did it the other way round they wouldn't have millions of euros in pre-paid tag charges sitting in the bank for an extra few months.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So infrequent users of the M50 or tourists will have to phone a number or go online to pay the toll, and pay 50% more than registered users? Wow, thats a pain in the arse.

Move to Dublin and use the M50 every day. You know it makes financial sense. :D

Yeh, exactly -they are making a ridiculous amount of admin for people to do just to get through a feckin road.......

I dont have time for that crap, I prefer to reject it, which is probably their plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Imagine paying for using the road.

Nope, can't do it. :p
    Fair play to the government, NRA & the tolling company. Screwing over Dubliners since... how long has it been?

Sherifu wrote: »
    Fair play to the government, Screwing over Dubliners since... how long has it been?

Since Independence? Oh wait the Brits were doing it long before that so give or take around 900 years. Dont expect things to change overnight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

The ironing is delicious....
    cornbb wrote:
    I'm a mucker, how do I pay [...] I'm a mucker, why is someone giving me leaflets about how to pay

Seriously, it's not difficult. If you use it a lot, buy a tag. If you rarely use it, just drive through and then ring them with your credit card number.

markpb wrote: »
    The ironing is delicious....

Yes, the ironing - hate the ironing:)

Zaph wrote: »
    The toll plaza itself won't actually be removed until October

Your right, the demolition will start in 8 days time but it will take '8 or 9 weeks' (that means 12;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

just wrap cling film over ur plates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A scam is all this thing will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bigtime

Happy days.....the toll plaza is being removed in 8 days time. :D

On a more serious note make sure you have your freeflow tags because you will be prosecuted if you dont according to the NRA (you will get a warning I persume).

You know im wondering how much the economy is going to benefit when this plaza is removed - all our troubles are over except for the toll:mad:....but at least we wont have to stop!:D

Think of how much pain and frustration motorists from all over Ireland and from abroad have experienced at these toll gates.....no more:D:D Cause I had to use it regularly you have no idea how happy I am:D

Those who have experienced this everyday for the last 15 years will know what I mean.

I bet there will be a crowd of people there to see the first brick removed.

I assume you work for this crowd.

The facts are that this is a further insult to the Irish people and a restriction to their freedoms.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Couldn't they just leave the plaza itself there and demolish the kiosks and curbing around them? I think the plaza itself just sits on a few pillars.

Has anyone else still not received a tag in the post despite ordering it online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SpookyDoll wrote: »

]

Why? Did you only use it before because you like queing?

bigtime wrote: »

The facts are that this is a further insult to the Irish people and a restriction to their freedoms.

A fact you say? How is it a fact that its a restriction of freedom? Being stuck in a que for an hour, now thats a restriction of freedom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement