Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate: Universe gets Greenlight

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

It would be a mistake to try to do a redo of SG1 in the SGU show. SG1 worked brilliantly for 7 seasons until RDA left and Don S Davis followed. Browder wasn't too bad but he was no RDA. As for Landry, wrong choice there I'm afraid.

I can't see them putting together a cast as good as the original SG1 that would work in Universe. If they were to try, I suggest the following:
    I'm a big fan of Firefly/Serenity and Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin would make two great characters. Fillion is very similar to O'Neill in the sarcastic/non teckie but brave leadership role. Baldwin is the kick ass type who might be a good Ronin/Teal'c character. Jewel Staite is already on SGA but why not bring her onboard as well for continuity. Actually, Picardo could also fulfil the 'nerdy' role similar to Jackson/McKay. I would have Picardo and Staite go through a wormhole from Atlantis but due to a massive disruption somewhere, they get thrown into another galaxy where they meet up with the Universe cast. Bit like how the Voyager crew where sucked into the Gamma quadrant. That would be 4 great characters, with links back to the original series thrown in for good measure.

I agree with the entire first section, but i really think the whole team format thing needs to be totally rethought. We don't need another military/hot/nerd/alien combo. I think that picardo staite situation would be a LITTLE too convenient for fans to enjoy...but i think there should be a couple of input characters from other series to keep it connected to the stargate franchise. Beckett?!?

Advertisement