Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'I'm sick of trees' says Crowe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

When I saw the front of the advertiser yesterday I though it must have been a seriously slow news day for the journos. Front page story "Crowe hates trees cos the locals are drinkin' and ridin' in them". Surely there must be some other actual "news" worth reporting on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sounds like a Crowe press release to me..

"I am sick of trees all over this city causing annoyance at one level or another for residents."

Didn't the article also say there were people sleeping there? Maybe he should be doing his job as a councillor and lambasting his FF colleagues in ensuring people don't have to sleep rough in galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol, that's their front page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I'm so sick of these trees, all they do is loiter outside my house and stare in at me when i'm watching tv :)
    They're even doing it now as i type this....... shhhhhh i think they can hear what i'm typing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

well i was goin on the pun "crow" :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

*An extract from the article:

The Councillor's eye darted about furtively, taking in the increasingly uncomfortable looking reporters, but the feverish glitter seemed to recede somewhat for a moment.

"you know, I had a tree once. The prettiest little tree you ever saw, I called her Jodie and we had ever such a nice time together," the associated press corp seem to huddle psychologically while not actually physically moving, watching in appalled fascination as the pale clammy fingers worked the napkin over and over into a knot.

"such a nice tree..." he trailed off, but then like a slamming door he was back in full flow once again. Springing to his feet, Councillor Crowe started bellowing in a frenzied spray of spittle:

"Bohermore will regard the Tree question as solved only after the very last Tree has left the greater Bohermore living space!! Galway will have its Tree question solved only after the very last Tree has left the city!! Umweltapostel Raus!! Umweltapostel Raus!!" and with this final deranged declamation, the increasingly agitated Crowe whirled, knocking a scattering of chairs and fine china, before striding from the chamber with his coat tails flailing.

*Not an extract from the article

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Total Planker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

I'd love to have been in the office when they decided to write that headlline!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Care would he actually look into the problem with homelessness rather than cribbing about people living in the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

claiming the overgrown area is a haven for bush drinkers, illegal dumpers, and “lord only knows what”.

Yeah birds and small mammals and stuff, the dirty little feckers.

GG, those of no fixed abode tend not to vote, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a politician to do anything to actually help them.

I can see next weeks headline now:

"Crowe Calls for Baby to be thrown out with Bathwater"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

chrussell wrote: »
    I'd love to have been in the office when they decided to write that headlline!!!

same as.. one of those "shud we? fuk it, we shud" moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

i just saw bear grylls heading into the wilderness to find survivorman....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Vote or no vote, I seriously doubt he thought how much that would grate a lot of people's nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

No 1 The Larch!
    TheLarch.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

He should have gone to Galway First with this. I see a new thread tomorrow:-

'Hi I'm doing some research and i'm looking for some Galway 'slang' for trees' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

Mr. Crowe as per usual can't see the wood from the trees.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

I heard the fool on the radio the other evening and he still does not realise that the paper was seriously pulling the piss out of him. How stoopid is this guy. Granted it is silly season time, but he will never live this down, the thicko. He said on The Last Word. It's not all trees I want to cut down, just individual trees."

Doh, does this mean that if the winos riding squirrels in the trees have no mroe trees and move into houses that he will knock the houses too. He is a major tool!

headline was class!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Another Pulitzer winning story on the front of the Advertiser today - "Four Galway men among 22 new seminarians" - in other words four Galway lads are going to become priests.

Great, I'll sleep easy tonight:rolleyes:

EDIT: I've just flicked to the comments page in the Advertiser and five of the seven letters are taking the piss out of Crowe! My favourite quote from one horrified Galway resident is "If only we could hear from the trees about the city councillor, but they are too dignified to speak" - Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

22 seminarians nationally?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

po0k wrote: »
    22 seminarians nationally?
    Quite the increase on recent years I believe. In these straightened times the idiot son of the litter can't become an estate agent any more so it's back to the tried and tested clergy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    EDIT: I've just flicked to the comments page in the Advertiser and five of the seven letters are taking the piss out of Crowe! My favourite quote from one horrified Galway resident is "If only we could hear from the trees about the city councillor, but they are too dignified to speak" - Brilliant!

Those letters are hilarious yet raise some serious points about our councillors' behaviour.
    I hope to bump into Sean Crowe at some point to challenge him on homelessness issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Yes, I saw that. Crowe will be a long, long time forgetting the day he tried to get rid of his wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

The fool. And did you see what they did on the politics page. Did a skit story about a crow called Michael with a cartoon crow with 'I hate trees' on it. As a crow, he was tarred and feathered. Must have done something really bad to piss them off. He got it with double barrels.
    In the middle of silly season, he was mad to say what he did. :D
    Now I don't know if this is true, but his house is called Woodmount and when he moved in, what did he do, but cut down all the trees in the garden.:D

He was on the radio yesterday saying the people don't get the point he's making. Making it's just that the fukn point is stoooopid!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,888 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Councillor Michael Crowe said the Council should not go ahead with plans to accommodate members of the Traveller community in a house in Renmore. Mr Crowe told a radio station that Traveller culture was “not conducive” to living with most settled communities, adding that it regularly leads to “confrontation and general uneasiness”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The denizens of Renmore certainly couldn't be having such things foisted on them, sure don't we all know that.

In my view both of the Crowes have done very little for Galway while in politics. The appear to be doing a lot more to further their own interests that the instrests of those they have been elected to represent. Hopefully we get a few new vote worthy candidates in the next elections and Michael can go back to pulling pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,888 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The Star continue today:

Crowe has property interests in Renmore within 1km of proposed traveller accommodation. An investment property in Seagrove and director of a company that owns a house in Woodlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Don't lose them until they get at least 1 magic lampost up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ya get what ya votes for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Advertisement