Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Triax C8 Heart Rate Monitor Watch - €28.95 [Boffer]

Options
  • 21-08-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent price and quite a decent looking watch.. and Nike too.

Costs £22.98 (with delivery) so that's roughly €28.95 in euro.

Goes online at 11.59 tonight..

Buy it here!

NIKE002.jpg

Product Overview

If you’re anything like me, your normal diet will consist of a fist full of Poptarts in the morning, a load of cheese Wotsits to keep you going through the day and many pints of Stella to keep me going through the night. Now I know you can’t call this healthy and my waistline agrees. Something needs to be done or I will become a fat git, well more of a fat git.

So I decided to do something about it to help me out, we got these frankly as I wanted one. But we had to buy in bulk so I need to flog the rest to you guys who I would place money on the majority of you need it as much as I do. So what we have here is a device by Nike that not only acts as a watch, and not only lets you swim with it at up to 50 metres under the water but it also… get this, it also measures your heart rate. So now you can see how truly unfit you actually are, even if you’re a tiny skinny person.

Great if you want to see how many beats your heart has done on any given run, you can even keep track and see how much you improve (lower of course) your heart rate. Hey, you can even go for a swim and measure how fast your heart bounces doing that most popular breast stroke or maybe even stocking breasts. I bet both readings would give similar results.

Although I would discourage most from trying to measure your heart at 50 metres under water because I get the impression your heart does not work at that depth, so don’t be trying to test out the watches limits, I really don’t need a bunch of deaths on my conscience.

A few of you have complained that you don’t like our style of product description so here’s some alternatives. Don’t spend too long reading them though as we may sell out by the time you finish. For the ones who like them I hope you enjoyed that, we like to inject a little humour into our site to help you through the late nights and early mornings…

* Condition: Brand New Bankrupt stock
    * Warranty: 1 year manufacturer

Features:
    * Gray and Black Resin Strap
    * INDIGLO® night-light
    * 100-hour stopwatch
    * 2-line display
    * 100-hour countdown timer
    * Metallic Matte Case
    * Water Resistant to 50m
    * Size: Large
    * Heart Rate Monitor
    * Target zones
    * Average heart rate
    * Time in zone
    * Calories burned
    * Recovery heart rate timer
    * Max heart rate zone calculation
    * Digital FM transmission for clear signals

In the box:
    * Heart Rate Monitor Watch
    * Chest Strap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Check out how much it is on some other sites here! :eek:

If Boffer keeps giving deals like this, they could well become one of my favourite sites!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How long is it live for and what time zone is it? I assume its english so not like ibood?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yeah its a english company, Setup by the owners of www.bigpockets.co.uk media I belive

Nick

kearnsr wrote: »
    How long is it live for and what time zone is it? I assume its english so not like ibood?
    Similar to iBOOD.. the offer goes live at 23.59 GMT daily. And it's available until it sells out.
    yoyo wrote: »
    Setup by the owners of www.bigpockets.co.uk media I belive
    Yep, spot on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

basquille wrote: »
    Similar to iBOOD.. the offer goes live at 23.59 GMT daily. And it's available until it sells out.

when I said not like ibood I meant time wise

• Advertisement

I wonder what the catch is? It's too good to be true!

There's no real catch but it does say "bankrupt stock" in the description.

Even though I don't need it, I'd be tempted to pick this up at that price to be honest!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Don't really need a watch... but it's damn tempting price! Since it uses "Indiglo" light, does that imply that the watch may have been made by Timex?

Got 4 / 5 on T3.. a great gadget magazine I read often!

Review

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Do you reckon its a legit site Basquille ? If so, I am going to get two. I use HR monitors on my bike but they are bike mounted. Would be great to have one I could use when I start Triathlon next year.

• Advertisement

Yeah.. site is legit alright.

They're only been fully operational since Monday (and had freebies for a week before that) - a good few people bought 2GB USB keys off them on Monday. And over at the HotUKDeals forum, people have been praising them for great deals (and everyone seemed to recieve the items they ordered).

If you're still unsure, you can pay via Paypal.

byte

I ordered a few USB pendrives, and got an email today to say they were posted.

I'd expect them to be legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

You must be kidding me. Sold out in 10 seconds. I wonder did they even have any in the first place.

byte

That was quick!

I won one anyway! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

sold out straight away..load of me hole :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

That was very quick

Congrats byte! :D

Anyone else get one? Apparently, they'd only had 180 in stock.

Lots of unhappy people over at the Boffer forum! :D

EDIT: According to the staff over at the forums, they sold out in 46 seconds exactly!

byte

basquille wrote: »
    Congrats byte! :D

Anyone else get one? Apparently, they'd only had 180 in stock.

Lots of unhappy people over at the Boffer forum! :D

EDIT: According to the staff over at the forums, they sold out in 46 seconds exactly!
    I have just noticed your reply on the forum alright!

180 weren't many, considering the price. The only way to make the offer last longer, would be to make it more expensive.. but sure then Boffer would jjust be as bad as iBOOD!

As for the watch, dunno whether to keep it, or sell it on Adverts for a tidy profit :D

byte wrote: »
    I have just noticed your reply on the forum alright!

180 weren't many, considering the price. The only way to make the offer last longer, would be to make it more expensive.. but sure then Boffer would jjust be as bad as iBOOD!

As for the watch, dunno whether to keep it, or sell it on Adverts for a tidy profit :D

i will give you €50 for it here and now.seriously!

The site isnt gona last long if thats how quick its gona sell out. I went to bed thinking it would be grand I'll get one in the morning. When I woke up it 1 they were all gone. Madness

I think their problem is they shouldn't reveal what product will be on sale tonight in advance.

They advertise their product on the website from about 5pm that day and send an e-mail advertising it also.

They should just reveal the product at 11.59pm to everyone.. so everyone's on a level playing field!

I think one of the staffer's mentioned they might do this in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

In that case they should shorten the product description some what.
    Tonight's boffer will be a freebie I hear... Oh goodie

Energizeer wrote: »
    Tonight's boffer will be a freebie I hear... Oh goodie
    Yeah, they've a freebie each Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

LMAO, I also got up this morning and came here with the intention of getting the link to buy one !!!

Sold out in 46 seconds ??? It would have taken me longer to type in my details :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i think there is one for sale on p.m.w.f. for 30 u.s.

old boy wrote: »

whats pmfw?

old boy wrote: »

Have you got a direct link?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't want to buy a Rick Ashley. I've actually no use for one.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't want to buy a Rick Ashley. I've actually no use for one.

What what?

kearnsr wrote: »
    What what?

lol did you get the email from Boffer with the link to a youtube video of Rick Astley?

• Advertisement

lol did you get the email from Boffer with the link to a youtube video of Rick Astley?

Yep.. most people switched it off immediately.

But if you see it through til the end, you'll realise exactly what is being sold at 23.59 tonight! :D

Advertisement