Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most disturbing book?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

For me, American Psycho is definitely up there. Probably because when I read it I was around 12 or 13! My mom said "Oh, you don't want to read that book"....and so I had to! Luckily I already had a twisted enough mind to deal with it:p It's not even all the gorey parts, but the obsessive bits in between about hygiene and fitness and business cards and genesis.

I found the two Mo Hayder books that I've read (Pig Island and Ritual) to be quite disturbing in some parts

And i cant leave out The Baby Jesus Butt Plug by Carlton Mellick II. What an odd, odd book! It was really messed up, but more in a funny way, i guess.

I found We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver to also be somewhat disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Marabou Stork Nightmares by Irvine Welsh was a great read but very dark in parts, there's one particular scene in the book
    the rape scene
    which was particularly vile and horrible
    the ending wasn't pretty either

I would definitely recommend the book though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭pavb2

Reading The Rats, (James Herbert) as a kid literally made my skin crawl it made me want to take a bath after each reading.

Advertisement