Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you always go for the cheapest fuel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

125.91, which is higher than the pump price of any Topaz I've seen - although you do pay this price rather than the card price in this case.

My local Tesco hasn't been cheapest for weeks. That and the fuels muck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

What? Fuel prices are different in each garage??
    MYOB wrote: »
    That and the fuels muck...
    What's all this talk of low quality fuel? I've never heard of one batch of petrol being any different in quality to another. In what way is it muck?

I get markedly poorly MPG off petrol bought in Tesco than anywhere else (with the exception of some no-brander in Galway once). So do many others on here.

My parents JTDm diesels run significantly worse (noiser, rougher) on Tesco diesel than Esso, they're the local stations for them so never compared to another set.

The diesel could be psychological. The petrol definitely isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

MYOB wrote: »
    I get markedly poorly MPG off petrol bought in Tesco
    Hm! What percent difference?
    Is there a difference in ethanol content?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I only buy Maxol E5 so i dont pay much attention to the prices tbh.

• Advertisement

Balfa wrote: »
    Hm! What percent difference?
    Is there a difference in ethanol content?

49 down to 44-45mpg. 8-9% difference and the Tesco station isn't even on my route to work (and is more expensive than stations that are).

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I'm finding that i'm taking more notice of the cost of petrol as I have been getting older. I am obviously turning into my Dad as he has being doing this for years !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So going by the results here, if 100 people travel a certain route each day, passing 5 garages, the cheapest garage will get 70 customers and the other 4 garages will get about 8 customers each. If I owned a garage I know what way I'd be pricing my fuel!

Advertisement