Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro North - Open day information

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

stiktoir wrote: »
    Pedantry not likely to be one of the rules victor.
    None of these 4 consortia will will propose any system that is technically unsatisfactory.
    With a contract worth C. 3 billion, the cost will weigh at least 95% in the decision.

If Tender A costs €2.9b but will result in major traffic disruption over 10 years as a result of a poorly thought out traffic management plan as opposed to Tender B which will cost €2.95b which will result in minor traffic disruption over a shorter period of time by implementing an intergraded traffic management plan the more expensive is likely to be accepted as it saves on “over all costs”.

This is just one area were a more expensive tender maybe more favourably than a cheaper tender. All tenders will have the same technical specification but how its implemented can be vastly different.

As victor said the cheapest tender is not always the best. That’s why they use weighted factors for tenders so each of them can be assessed equally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 stiktoir

kearnsr wrote: »
    If Tender A costs €2.9b but will result in major traffic disruption over 10 years as a result of a poorly thought out traffic management plan as opposed to Tender B which will cost €2.95b which will result in minor traffic disruption over a shorter period of time by implementing an intergraded traffic management plan the more expensive is likely to be accepted as it saves on “over all costs”.

This is just one area were a more expensive tender maybe more favourably than a cheaper tender. All tenders will have the same technical specification but how its implemented can be vastly different.

As victor said the cheapest tender is not always the best. That’s why they use weighted factors for tenders so each of them can be assessed equally.

in your theoretical world of erecting bus stops and the like.

spare me the waffle none of it relates to the state of play with these tenders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Please cut out the personal sniping. It is not constructive. I on the other hand have bans and infractions at my disposal and they are constructive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭strassenwolf

kearnsr wrote: »
    The station is massive!
    My estimate is that it's around 260 metres from end to end (i.e. between Fleet Street and (almost) Abbey Street).

This gives it a station length to platform length ratio of almost 3:1, assuming that the platforms will be designed to accomodate 90 metre trams.

This station is deffo going into the record books.

Advertisement