Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What atlantis needs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

I'm arguing against killing her off.

Sorry mate, misunderstood.
    Good to know we're not on the same page as that homicidal madman!
    The problem with atlantis is that after weir is gone now, none of the characters annoy me any more, so theres no real home-base conflict.
    I refer to the sg1 kinsey's, maybourne etc...
    Even woolsey doesnt annoy me as a regular character because he knows he's not really in control which takes away the contempt he attracted in sg1.
    We need a real jerk to stir things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

i agree, but Kinsey and Maybourne weren't there too often (Though their episodes were mostly pure gold)
    Personally, i didn't think Wier was that bad...though i tought Ford was fairley surpurfluous. sp. to each his own, i guess

I didnt think she was bad at all until she left and looking back, she started to bug me. Ford was ok...ish, but it was definetly better without him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

SHINY!

Jesjes wrote: »
    SHINY!

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Gareth-W-A wrote: »
    Huh?

It's a Firefly thing. Browncoats (of which i proudly am:D:D:D) tend to say Shiny as a replacement for things like Cool, Good, Happy and the like.

I'm guessing it's got something to do with Jewel Staite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

What Atlantis needed was someone else running the show from S4 onward. If I didn't know any better I'd say that S4 was captained by people who'd never watched Stargate in their lives, having gotten the job they'd rented a few episodes of SG-1 and decided "we like that hot blonde chick, lets have her on the show", and then spent the rest of their tenure reusing old ideas/plots/characters from SG-1 and earlier eps of SGA. They re-wrote the characters to behave in a way that suited the story and not according to canon/backstory that we were familiar with, and if that didn't work (Weir) they disposed of them. The Wraith were destroyed as a threat, few/no new enemies/allies appeared, the humour that always was intrinsic in Stargate was lost (aside from a few moderately funny lines) Season 4 was filler/bottle episodes that did nothing to move the expedition to explore Atlantis/Pegasus. Season 5 has been (bar about 2 eps) an utter disaster. *starts crying*

IMO, without prejudice etc ...

Advertisement