Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your cheap as chips beauty secrets....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Hair conditioner instead of shaving foam, way cheaper and leaves legs way softer.

I use that too!! leaves the legs waaaaaaaay smoother and because the conditioner is not as thick as the shaving foam it seems to catch the hair better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I find the best way to use those waxing strips is to heat them not with your hands but with your hairdryer. That way they become gooey like the professionals use.

That can make the wax very hot though; It's like the microwaveable stuff; be careful, if it's too hot and you put it on your skin it cna not only burn but also scar you for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

I've spent to much money on body and face bronzer in the past so when i came across H&M one for only €4.60 I thought it would make me real dirty looking but it's great i swear by it on a night out and it has lasted 2 and a half months of partying with out so much as a dent in the container!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Have a tip I just discovered. I have long hair. I think there is another thread going at the moment about this but I get greasy roots and dry ends.

So, I bought the elvive pearl protein for greasy hair. I washed hair twice with that. And then conditioned with a Clairol deep moisturising conditioner. Its supposed to be for dyed/coloured hair. It smells divine (coconuts), its in a little brown tube, can be found near the hair colour section in Dunnes, and costs less than €2. My hair is sooooo soft and feels soooo nice! Honest -at the risk of sounding like the ad, its got that "just stepped out of a salon" feel to my hair.

I wouldnt use it every hair wash (wash every second day) but once a week would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Have a tip I just discovered. I have long hair. I think there is another thread going at the moment about this but I get greasy roots and dry ends.

So, I bought the elvive pearl protein for greasy hair. I washed hair twice with that. And then conditioned with a Clairol deep moisturising conditioner. Its supposed to be for dyed/coloured hair. It smells divine (coconuts), its in a little brown tube, can be found near the hair colour section in Dunnes, and costs less than €2. My hair is sooooo soft and feels soooo nice! Honest -at the risk of sounding like the ad, its got that "just stepped out of a salon" feel to my hair.

I wouldnt use it every hair wash (wash every second day) but once a week would be ideal.

I love those clairol conditioners! Wish you could buy a big bottle of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sparkybaps

Hi there, talking of cheap products that work brilliantly, does anyone remember the collagen and elastin that were sold in small tubs for about 2 irish pounds (this was at the time when there were irish pound shops not euro shops!) Does anyone know if you can get them anywhere else in dublin? They were cheap as chips but were excellent to use and would love to know if its still around! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pink pirate

i cant live without marks and spencers coconut products!! they have a whole range of body lotions, hand creams, bath oil, deodrant etc and every item is only.... €1.50!!!! they smell gorgeous too!! ive only ever bought the coconut stuff but they have loads of others, aloe vera, honey, cant remember now but check them out! upstairs with all the beauty and household stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

i cant live without marks and spencers coconut products!! they have a whole range of body lotions, hand creams, bath oil, deodrant etc and every item is only.... €1.50!!!! they smell gorgeous too!! ive only ever bought the coconut stuff but they have loads of others, aloe vera, honey, cant remember now but check them out! upstairs with all the beauty and household stuff!

I love their stuff! And their perfume is gorgeous, people are always asking me what perfume I'm wearing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Fergie from Black Eyed Peas sprays olive oil on her hair for shine it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

:Dpennys eyeliner 150e best one i ever used, dove S&C leaves my hair so nice and soft 3e , dunnes lip balm starwberry big tube lasts for ages smells lovely and 150E happy days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Hey everyone
    The best bargains I've found for clothes/ jewellery/ gifts or anything really are on Ebay! Love it.

I second the essence range of make up it's so cheap. their false eyelashes are around 3/4 euro and you can use them again. I've also bought a jewellery making kit on Ebay and make my own costume jewellery - 18 quid for the kit with the tools and everything i need. I've made earrings, 2 bracelets, 2 necklaces and still have loads of jewells/beads left - Yellow Brick road let you fill a bag with beads for a fiver. Def saves a few bob and very easy to do.

Went to a wholesale place a while back they had a customer day - got an electric razor by philips for 8 euro and it's brilliant. Dry and wet shaver with a bikini trimmer attachment.

Almond oil and peppermint oil (Buy in a chemist) mixed to use as a rub for headaches... very economical and stops u taking paracetomol - i suffered with daily headaches and found this amazing!! Almond oil can also be used as a cuticle oil when doing ur nails.

I bought a massive bottle of bio oil about 3 years ago and it's still 3/4 full. I mix about 20 drops into my moisturiser and use it as a deep moisturiser for elbows feet or once a week all over.

Penneys have a great range of body moisturisers out at the moment for 50c - body butters they're gorgeous.

burts bees are the best lip balms i've ever bought. Cheap too. Pound shop for Nutrogena clean shampoo... 2 euro. Also they're astonish range of cleaners are brilliant non toxic cleaners for all around the house.

I used to sell Avon ( you can sign up for free ) and you get a discount on what u buy because of the mark up. You earn 21% on everything u sell so even if it's just for you u get 20% off your purchases and it's already cheap as chips. They have wonderful products. Really good! Bought pink two tone eyeshadow for 2.50 after discount and I use as blusher sometimes also.

Their shampoos/shower gels/ conditioners all 1.50 then apply the 21% discount - Excellent value and very good products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭milktwosugars

Bellecare Skin Plus cleansing milk, it's lovely, gets rid of all your make up, heavy liner and mascara and is only 1.99 in Dunnes Boutique (Dunnes)

Natural Collection Pink Lipstick about 2 euro, I like to use it for my cheeks and my lips...They don't come out the same colour, don't worry, that'd be wierd.

Advertisement