Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 PC: official!

Options
  • 08-08-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

From the Rockstar games propaganda email that went out today:
    Rockstar wrote:
    We are proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving for the
    platform it was birthed on this November. Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC will
    feature everything from the acclaimed original console releases, along with
    newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC and more.

Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC debuts on November 18th
    in North America and on November 21st in Europe.
    Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more details.

www.rockstargames.com/IV

\o/

Finished it on the 360 but I so want to play it on PC in glorious high resolution :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

\o/

**** YOU CONSOLE BASTARDS

*cough*

awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Awesoness indeed we get multi theft auto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Oh wow, theres a shock - GTA 4 on the PC.....woe is me for believing it would never make it and I needed to go buy some ****ty console system to play it on a less than awesome gaming machine - I have gone and wasted my money now:(...oh wait!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Glad to see this finally announced. Roll on November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Typical........releasing it in November with ever other decent game thats coming out how am i going to play all of them =(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sand wrote: »
    Oh wow, theres a shock - GTA 4 on the PC.....woe is me for believing it would never make it and I needed to go buy some ****ty console system to play it on a less than awesome gaming machine - I have gone and wasted my money now:(...oh wait!

How is it a shock? All the others were on pc, there was no doubting this one would be although no official announcement, still I played it on the 360 and it was pritty good, Can't wait to see what the pc version offers now :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yoyo wrote: »
    How is it a shock? All the others were on pc, there was no doubting this one would be although no official announcement, still I played it on the 360 and it was pritty good, Can't wait to see what the pc version offers now :)

Nick

Perhaps it was supposed to be teh ironing?
    I've completed it on the 360 already and doubt I'll bother with it on the pc, unless the DLC is available for that as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hal1 wrote: »
    Awesoness indeed we get multi theft auto :D
    There's multiplayer games already in the console versions - will MTA be necessary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm not buyin some sh1tty console port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

MooseJam wrote: »
    I'm not buyin some sh1tty console port

Rockstar have done a fairly decent job at porting the GTA series from console to PC and dont forget that GTA all started on the PC ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Woot! :D Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

How is it a shock? All the others were on pc, there was no doubting this one would be although no official announcement,

I batter thee with the Most Exalting Two Handed Mop of Heavenly Dripping Sarcasm using Raging Tiger Subdues Celestial Water Buffalo technique.....
    Rockstar have done a fairly decent job at porting the GTA series from console to PC

If I recall correctly, I had to turn off graphics acceleration/effects on the PC version of San Andreas whenever doing one of those ****ing car dance offs because there was a bug where the link between the "Hit this direction now!" graphic and the actual time it should show up was broken. Basically I was getting murdered at those challenges. Did some research, discovered issue, turned off graphics to basic, direction hints came on time, murdered opposition

But nope - console to PC ports are rarely plain sailing. At best, theyre faithful converts from a limited system ignoring the advantages of the PC. At worst they tell you to hit the red triangle button or some such bull.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sand wrote: »
    I batter thee with the Most Exalting Two Handed Mop of Heavenly Dripping Sarcasm using Raging Tiger Subdues Celestial Water Buffalo technique.....
    I had a bit of alcohol on me at the time of that post, I musn't have realised!!:p:p:D:D

Nick:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Glad there's an offical date now.

Advertisement