Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 on PC!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Whoo Hoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nice one. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Excellent. Nice and official!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/me boogies

Glad I waited now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can pre-order on Play.com for €34.99 right now, haven't check any other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ruu wrote: »
    You can pre-order on Play.com for €34.99 right now, haven't check any other places.

nice 'n cheap too. i have it on ps3 so i won't invest immediately, but once mods and the like come to the fore on pc, i'll give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

*wipes tear from eye* I knew they wouldn't forget their roots.

I'm almost sorry I borrowed a PS3 and played it through. I'll still buy it, I rushed through the PS3 version and didn't do allot of the side missions.

Don't know how they'll handle the driving though, you may need a x box controller on top of the keyboard mouse to get the best out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Frenchdayz

Think of the MODS

anyone know the specifications?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Its going to be fairly high, but probably not Crysis like :pac:. Any recent pc at a good spec should have no problems running it. As with all GTA games post console the resolution can be set higher and a few pieces of extra eye candy can be enabled like AA, extra bloom etc.

But that all depends on the port being ready and playable without many bugs on launch. I hear they are enabling proper controllers this time after the farce that was San Andreas. 360 controller will probably work without much config, but id rather my PS3 controller tbh.

The multiplayer, as far as is known, will be much the same, which IMO is a big mistake. I think we have all imagined a sandbox universe MMO that we could all develop property, gangs, sell drugs and rob banks etc with not a single NPC. But eventually someone with a bit of skillz should make that a reality and maybe extend the city a bit. Game needed to evolve like this after the user created MP for San Andreas. It was the next step....

Dev kit is unlikely, but we can all dream. But at least they gave us "replays" and video editors that can only upload to the Rockstar Social Club..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dick101

class cant wait :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah finally. Very much looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

u can obv play that online yea?its unreal online for xbox

rm_2008 wrote: »
    u can obv play that online yea?its unreal online for xbox
    Online, yes, but I doubt xbox-type-online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

the_syco wrote: »
    Online, yes, but I doubt xbox-type-online.

I just saw on Kotaku that it's being released under the "games for windows" system 'exclusively' so we might end up with xbox-type online.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

GTA IV on PC?
    Damn I was hoping to do well in college this year.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I just saw on Kotaku that it's being released under the "games for windows" system 'exclusively' so we might end up with xbox-type online.

Games for windows Live! is now free.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

hmmm.......Will this require a dx10 card?

The minimum specs I saw where for a dx9 card (with shaders??).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Id say shader model 3 will be a must. Is there a 4? I dont really know im happy enough with mah 4870!

Will everybody be sticking to mouse and keyboard for this game?

The joypad was great for in car but it might be a pain to keep switching between keyboard and joypad every time you get out of the car.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Mouse aim + gun = headshot win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ScumLord wrote: »

The joypad was great for in car but it might be a pain to keep switching between keyboard and joypad every time you get out of the car.

yeah, I noticed that the last gta game I played.. san andreas I think but the annoyance always faded after I started shooting things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmm what specs will you need to run this ?? ive saved a few pennys ( thank you resession !! ) and can afford a new pc... But i wanna know can i even get close to what this requires ( Gta games are always a strain to run at decent specs )

Eh... there's either Windows or some Nix variation on a PC, so the "games for windows" really does mean f**k all.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Ruu wrote: »

anyone know if they will have it on Steam? I love steam and rockstar have all there games on steam atm

Scram wrote: »
    anyone know if they will have it on Steam? I love steam and rockstar have all there games on steam atm
    I hate steam ever since HL2. I didn't have a broadband connection at the time and now have a completely useless HL2 disk lieing around somewhere. Never got to play the game properly. Complete waste of my money.

Will there be any new content in the PC version of GTA4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You should give Steam (and HL2) another chance. It's come on a lot since it's launch. It was a bit disastrous to launch the service at exactly the same time as one of the most anticipated games however!

• Advertisement

You should give Steam (and HL2) another chance. It's come on a lot since it's launch. It was a bit disastrous to launch the service at exactly the same time as one of the most anticipated games however!
    Maybe, I have a broadband connection now, I didn't have at the time of purchasing. I changed Email address and everything now I did try about a year ago but I could barley find the information on how to get HL up and running again never mind get it done I gave up in the end.

Advertisement