Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia Vs Ford Focus

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 focusst225owner

i cant wait for the rs to come i saw it in london otor show really nice willbe getting it in blue the st is amazing i cant imagine the rs to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

twingo wrote: »
    Hi
    My Dad is stuck between buying a new Skoda Octavia Ambiente 1.9 Diesel or a Ford Focus Zetec 1.8 Tdsi Saloon. Any advice on which is best. Both deals come in roughly the same, Thanks!

If i had to choose I'd probably take the Focus tbh. Although Skoda are progressing(very slowly though) with the quality if the car I'd take the proven make and be happier. plus you have to look at taxing, insurance to think of. Now fair enough. for your father insurance probably be roughly the same and tax not much there. but personally I'd go Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

i cant wait for the rs to come i saw it in london otor show really nice willbe getting it in blue the st is amazing i cant imagine the rs to drive

I know some of the Ford vehicle dynamics Lommel guys and from chatting to them it seems like it will be a really strong package alright with much Focus on correcting the predecessors obvious downfalls. The Megane R26-R raised a few eyebrows however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Wouldn't touch anything with that VAG 1.9 lump. Its older than God. It is way off the mark when compared to modern common rail diesels. If you could stretch to the new 2.0 VAG lump then the Skoda would be a much better buy.

Anyone know when are VAG finally going to retire the 1.9 TDi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think I would have gone with the Focus too. It has just been facelifted & the Octavia in it's current guise is surely due a change. Both to me seem to be decent cars for the job at hand.
    We have had a number of Foci (Focuses) diesels on our fleet since 2000 with plenty of hard miles put up on them, they have been very reliable despite not always receiving the best care.
    The better trade in surely sealed the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,205 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

furtzy wrote: »
    Anyone know when are VAG finally going to retire the 1.9 TDi

I think they are going to start phasing it out from next year. There is a new common rail 1.6 TDi around the corner. Don't know when it will filter down to the Octavia though and given Skoda's budget market place we may see the old 1.9 TDi linger on for a while in basic models as it is cheap to produce.

Advertisement