Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

G&G M1 Garand

Kriss Aegs not vector

CZ Evo scorpion

G&G Springfield 1903

KWA KZ 75 Auto / aka CZ 75 auto ( a little COD for my liking )

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Is the m1 not already out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

bushball wrote: »
    Is the m1 not already out?

i believe the newest M1 to hit the market is the ICS one, could be wrong though so G&G's may be out too.

T4RGET wrote: »
    i believe the newest M1 to hit the market is the ICS one, could be wrong though so G&G's may be out too.

ICS is already out the G&G haven't seen online or advertised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

My mistake so, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

my god... that is horrible :eek: why mash an AK and and AR together :(. the world of airsoft never seizes to amaze me. Although I'd imagine it has been done in RS too but I think they'd quicker take the AK receiver with the AR rails and stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

my god... that is horrible :eek: why mash an AK and and AR together :(. the world of airsoft never seizes to amaze me. Although I'd imagine it has been done in RS too but I think they'd quicker take the AK receiver with the AR rails and stock.

In sorry to say it, but I WANT ONE ;)
    Unique is a word that comes to mind!
    It's been done in RS too, saw a video on it not so long ago... I'll see if I can find it for you...

Eoghan S wrote: »
    In sorry to say it, but I WANT ONE ;)
    Unique is a word that comes to mind!
    It's been done in RS too, saw a video on it not so long ago... I'll see if I can find it for you...

I'll see your mashed Ak /AR and raise you a mashed 1911 /Thompson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

the reason for using AR receiver with AK mags is so that it can be handed to a soldier that has been trained on the AR and little or no conversion training is required.

SR47

Beano wrote: »
    the reason for using AR receiver with AK mags is so that it can be handed to a soldier that has been trained on the AR and little or no conversion training is required.

SR47

yeah but in RS terms I'd imagine the two main attractive features of the AK is the larger round and reliability, in this build you get neither as it looks like that, if in RS, would take STANAG mags and not AK mags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

yeah but in RS terms I'd imagine the two main attractive features of the AK is the larger round and reliability, in this build you get neither as it looks like that, if in RS, would take STANAG mags and not AK mags?

apologies. I only took a very brief look at the still of the YT video. You're right, that does look like an ar with ak furniture that takes stanag mags as opposed to the ar that takes ak mags i thought it was. as such it is an unholy abomination and its creator should be smited by our holy lord.

I'm not even sure an ar receiver would work with the gas system of an ak.

Beano wrote: »
    apologies. I only took a very brief look at the still of the YT video. You're right, that does look like an ar with ak furniture that takes stanag mags as opposed to the ar that takes ak mags i thought it was. as such it is an unholy abomination and its creator should be smited by our holy lord.

I'm not even sure an ar receiver would work with the gas system of an ak.

in RS terms? there's ways around that limitation but in general it is horrible looking regardless if it's for airsoft or RS :p.. maybe if it had darker wood furniture but still not sure it would look good, or right for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

New Sterling AEG is out for sale. Not my own cup of tea, nice to see more variety all the same,
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/action-sl-mk4-aeg-ptw-system.html?utm_source=Homepage&utm_medium=b_banner&utm_campaign=sl-mk4#.UvZ1Vvl_sRJ

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

The first "true" airsoft shotgun?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/cam870.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

r0n0c wrote: »
    The first "true" airsoft shotgun?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/cam870.html

This one's been out for a few years.

http://www.evike.com/products/25041/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Evade wrote: »
    This one's been out for a few years.

http://www.evike.com/products/25041/

G&P (if I recall who it was?) have had an 870 (it's got a very satisfying cocking sound to it ... ) out for years that was gas powered too, but this is the first time I've seen a CO2 powered shell.

Anyway, off to the IWA show in a few weeks so if I spot anything of note I'll grab some pictures.

Lemming wrote: »
    Anyway, off to the IWA show in a few weeks so if I spot anything of note I'll grab some pictures.

Well for some ;)

Gatling wrote: »
    Well for some ;)

Free ticket ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I know APS gets a bad rep but they are defo coming up in the airsoft world regarding innovation at a decent price, albeit that shotgun is not the cheapest but like ronoc said the first true incarnation of a airsoft shotgun what other one do you see in market currently available with shell ejection?, 6 rounds, great sounding action (even on a cam) and 12 round spread? and to top it off CO2. This is a plinker/shotgun collectors wet dream. Not even remotely practical as a skirmishable weapon but who care kaaaashhlack the **** outa it!!!!

I think APS will be a top contender in Airsoft imo in years to come.

what other one do you see in market currently available with shell ejection?, .

The aforementioned G&P.

Edit: I knew G&P didn't seem right: It's Maruzen that made it. The M1100, and the Maruzen m870

I know APS gets a bad rep but they are defo coming up in the airsoft world regarding innovation at a decent price, albeit that shotgun is not the cheapest but like ronoc said the first true incarnation of a airsoft shotgun what other one do you see in market currently available with shell ejectction.

Shell ejection gas shotguns have been around for years ,just not Co2 shells be interested in the fps on the shells using Co2 ,
    The only thing new I can see is loading the actual shells and using essentially a paper was to keep the bbs in the Shell's

And G&P don't make multi shots as far as im aware, I know it was edited that it wasn't g&p but just extra info :) just glorified sniper rifles :p

Oh I know that those shotguns have been around with a while and still are but the point am making is far as airsoft replica shotguns go it is more of a "True" replica than the others even if it is just shell capacity, and the action sounds alot lot better than the Maruzen ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

This made my weekend http://youtu.be/xmtgupRaCps

This made my weekend http://youtu.be/xmtgupRaCps

Man that is one nice sounding GBBR.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Man that is one nice sounding GBBR.
    Thats the sound of money draining from your bank account......
    Thats the sound of the perfect replica.......
    Added bonus it looks just like the AEG so as long as I hide one of them in the airsoft attic at all times I should be safe from the fun inquisition

Interesting gas rifle from paintball marker producer Tippman
    Select fire pretty standard stuff ,
    Dual gas gas feeding system now this is different to We and a few other offerings ,
    Gun can use either co2 fed magazines or a regulated HPA rig as standard out of the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Now that is a new and intresting looking system they have got there but 1 C02 capsule per mag sounds quiet inefficent to me.
    Also i wonder what there hopup system is like.I havent see one like that before.

Advertisement