Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tags!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

800 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

*Brad pitt in snatch voice* Dya like tags?

OT I think sometimes you are a little oversensitive, however adding offensive tags to someone elses thread should be a no no IMO, as I think it is akin to personal abuse and should be treated as such!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cromwell has a lot to answer to

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    I try to organise something to raise money and it all goes t1ts up. Do people agree or am I just being paranoid?

Nothing to do with tags as such but do you have any idea why the result was "all goes t1ts up" ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The forum mods (most of whom are admins) can remove them and afaik can see who the tagger was.

Way to pimp your event dude..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok fair enough about reporting the tags but let me make one thing clear .... you do not own that or any thread. Once you start a thread it belongs to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

why not just report it to a moderator. Why the need to create ANOTHER feedback thread. Stop acting like a drama queen please and stop being so oversensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

6th wrote: »
    Ok fair enough about reporting the tags but let me make one thing clear .... you do not own that or any thread. Once you start a thread it belongs to everyone.

why not just report it to a moderator? because I didn't know I could!

OK point taken, but I think the mods should keep an eye out on tags added to threads. I know that would take up more of thier time, but we have the function of reporting offensive posts, why not tags?

Yes I am sometimes oversensitive, but if this happened to you, would you not be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I doubt most people even looked at the tags, now people are all paying attention to the ones on "your" thread. Expect some gems on this one too I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

There is no way to stop the tagging without disabling it accross the entire site. The tags can be removed manually, and the thread closed to prevent more tags being added.

I do not believe for a moment that the comments are because you are from the UK, there are many well know posters from the UK. I think its more likey as a result of you putting yourself out there trying to organise events etc, you put your head above the crowd and are an easy target, dont take it personally.

If you react to the tags you let those who left the tags win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

*Brad pitt in snatch voice* Dya like tags?
    'do wot pikey?'
    'don't step on de tag - tag'll bite ye':D

/on topic

DJ - you got really depressed after the last karoke and even spoke of leaving boards forever. Are you sure you want to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Fuck it.....

Dj Spider, the reason, i think why, tags have been added and that some people "take offense" to you it that you try way too hard. The last event you had had how many threads in the events forum. And then you ended up having a go at people for no reason. Also posting those pics up were not a good idea, also you go on about your girlfriend but tbh you sometimes come across as extremely flirtly and tbth it can be a very off putting, kind of sleezy in a way. Now im sure your a nice guy but stop trying so hard.

People may give out to me But its my opinion.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Jules wrote: »
    Fuck it.....

Dj Spider, the reason, i think why, tags have been added and that some people "take offense" to you it that you try way too hard. The last event you had had how many threads in the events forum. And then you ended up having a go at people for no reason. Also posting those pics up were not a good idea, also you go on about your girlfriend but tbh you sometimes come across as extremely flirtly and tbth it can be a very off putting, kind of sleezy in a way. Now im sure your a nice guy but stop trying so hard.

People may give out to me But its my opinion.

Was that posted with an Iphone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Was that posted with an Iphone?

3G Iphone !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What has crossdressing got to do with a i-phone raffle?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i never look at tags but i went in to have a look that the ones on the thread.

Seriously DJ, stop with the feedback threads, you know you are going to get flamed and then you will get upset and it will turn into a huge mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I am from the UK, but I sometimes feel that a few people on boards take offense to me.

"Iz it coz I'z English".

No, it isn't.

Cry me a bleedin' river ffs.

people take offence to pictures of half naked middle aged men in the bath, or in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

What has crossdressing got to do with a i-phone raffle?
    Crossdressing and karaoke go hand in hand.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OMG :eek:

i just realised what you done, you didnt think enough people were looking at the thread, so you created this feedback thread so everyone would click and the link and "ah, yes, karoke, i will go to that"

Genius, pure genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The muthafuckin plot thickens....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

i saw what yis done , i saw what yis done nope , ya aint fooling me :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

if it does fail... can the tags be readded?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

plotthickensc6b.jpg

emot-haw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I try to organise something to raise money and it all goes t1ts up.

wait what are we talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Relax... they're just metaphorical tits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

nothing at all really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Be nice people.

DJ, generally people don't like Karaoke anymore. Maybe just stop with the events and you won't be open to so much slagging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

This thread is like one of those fake smiles chuggers give you before they steal 10 minutes of your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I've been banned from soccer for adding the tag 'Boards.ie ****' to a thread. In most cases I could understand how this would be interpreted. But it was a joke, perhaps a foolish one, about this thread started in AH, that I thought most people would get, and I am a regular poster in the soccer forum, so I doubt anyone thought I was coming in and making a personal attack on the forum.

Anyone think a one month ban is harsh for that considering most people pay no attention to tags, and the fact that alot of tags seem to be light-hearted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement