Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus C-Max 1.6TDCi failed NCT on smoke emissions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Did the retest yesterday and guess what- i failed again this time with the maximum reading of 9.99. I then showed them the test results the garage got at the weekend and fair play to them the tested it again. This time it got a reading of 7.63(on a different machine)

Haven't a clue whats going on and i have until next wednesday to pass or i have to start the test from scratch again.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What they initially told me at the NCT was that the garage hadn't followed exactly the same procedure for the diesel 'smoke test', as outlined in the NCT testers handbook. Specifically they hadn't revv'ed it up to the 'maximum fuel delivery position' to take the readings, whatever that may be. The printed output from the garage shows 4 separate tests at revs of between 2370 and 3050rpm. Strange though that after me complaining to the supervisor that it then passed with flying colours.

Specifically ...

First failed test - 5.04
    Second failed test after main dealer tested it to be 2.2 - 3.06 (barely a fail though!)
    Third test done by the supervisor immediately after 2nd test - 1.48 !!!!!

Something doesn't add up there. This was at Deansgrange in S. Dublin by the way.

Advertisement