Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double roller blind-why so hard to get?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of double roller blinds (see pic). I have a big bay window but dont want to completely block out all the light during the day with one blind. So, theres one semi transparent one for during the day and an opaque non see through one for nightime. Im finding them impossible to get in or around Dublin! So, two questions..any experience with them and where to buy them thanks.Attachment not found.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

I can't help I'm afraid. You almost certainly wont find them in Ireland. I have however often fitted 2 blinds on the same window, using 2 pairs of brackets, for the reasons you mention. Very near impossible on bay window though as even with single blinds there is often difficulty covering all the glass as one blind gives way to the other.
    Best treatment for a bay window would be semi transparent blinds and a curtain with blackout lining.
    Acme do a vertical blind/voile combination which might suit you, bit pricey though.
    Where did you see the double rollers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Im amazed how hard they are to get. With all the apartments around you'd think there'd be a huge demand for them. All the ones ive seen are on the net, majority US websites. I really want the double option as i dont want to have to close the curtains all the time just to get some privacy. Any idea of a link to the ACME one you were talking about Blindman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

I don't see it on their web, think it was called sheerlight.
    Biggest problem facing blind industry at the moment, is most customers looking to get their blinds cheaper. If only there was high demand for two blinds on each window.

Advertisement