Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccourant Theme

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I put reccourant theme as it's not the same dream every night, rather it has one similar feature to all.

In all my dreams I seem to get injured or killed. People say you can't die in your dreams, because if you do you die in real life, but that's not true. I have actually died in alot of my dreams. All that seems to happen is the whole place goes dark, then one of two things. It stays like that for a while and then you wake up, as though your brain can't continue to project images because as far as we know once dead, darkness is all there is. The second thing is you start seeing everything from 3rd person, as though a ghost.

But back to the original point. All my dreams consist of me being injured/hurt/killed/beaten/attacked etc. The really wierd thing is I have complete control over myself in my dreams, yet no matter what it still seems to happen. Not only that, but the pain aswell. The only time I can't feel the pain is when I've been shot, as I believe it's because I haven't experienced it irl. I feel the bullet hit me but not the pain. I feel the pain of whenever I'm cut/hit etc as I've already experienced those and so my brain knows how to project that into my dream.

I'm just wondering what is with the constant, well, 'abuse' of myself in my dreams and if anyone else has these kind of reccouring dreams?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 corrr

Usually a dream of dying signifies a rebirth, but I'm intrigued so I'm going to check it in a few of my dream books...I'll get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MysticFaye

Thanks alot. ^^ Hopefully then it'll start to make some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 corrr

MysticFaye wrote: »
    I put reccourant theme as it's not the same dream every night, rather it has one similar feature to all.

In all my dreams I seem to get injured or killed. People say you can't die in your dreams, because if you do you die in real life, but that's not true. I have actually died in alot of my dreams. All that seems to happen is the whole place goes dark, then one of two things. It stays like that for a while and then you wake up, as though your brain can't continue to project images because as far as we know once dead, darkness is all there is. The second thing is you start seeing everything from 3rd person, as though a ghost.

But back to the original point. All my dreams consist of me being injured/hurt/killed/beaten/attacked etc. The really wierd thing is I have complete control over myself in my dreams, yet no matter what it still seems to happen. Not only that, but the pain aswell. The only time I can't feel the pain is when I've been shot, as I believe it's because I haven't experienced it irl. I feel the bullet hit me but not the pain. I feel the pain of whenever I'm cut/hit etc as I've already experienced those and so my brain knows how to project that into my dream.

I'm just wondering what is with the constant, well, 'abuse' of myself in my dreams and if anyone else has these kind of reccouring dreams?

Depending on who was "beating" you: friend/fam member - good for personal/family affairs OR stranger - warns against putting off current domestic problems.
    The interpretation of an "assualt" reckons you will be given some info which will be of great value to you.
    The basic meaning in a dream of fighting is change (of job/business/house etc)...if you ever manage to win the fight the change will come.
    The pain you experience is apparently directly related to the region of the body you feel the pain in, is there any particular part of your body which normally gets injured in your dreams?
    To dream of your own death indicates an approaching release from all your worries/recovery from illness.
    I hope this has helped a little bit...let me know. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 guy2454

dying "if you dream you are dying you will receive epmty promises"

assault "to dream that you are being attacked signifies that those working for youhave full knowledge of your most private secrets. To dream you are assaulted signifies suffering and misery"

Bullet " if you dream of bullets being fired in a dream, you are in danger, either physical or from unfaithful friends"

(all from the big book of dreams)

Advertisement