Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRV and Cooker Hood

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭magnethead

Thanks again, I found this springloaded one here, that be bit more expensive then the last example coming in at €300

http://www.compairducting.co.uk/compair-brochure/

Looks good too. I'll check them out, They don't advertise any certs on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Wartburg

magnethead wrote: »
    Thanks again, I found this springloaded one here, that be bit more expensive then the last example coming in at €300

http://www.compairducting.co.uk/compair-brochure/

Looks good too. I'll check them out, They don't advertise any certs on their website.

Compair is coming from the same company as the thermobox. It seemed to be good in the beginning, but the more researches I did on the German website, the more concerns I got about the spring mechanism. It has to be adjusted 100% perfect otherwise it could get jammed.
    It seems you have another internet than myself, when I type in words like "cooker hood" and "air tight", I end in another solution ;-)

Damn, you're good, I didn't notice it was the same company, I saw one website showing both products.
    I agree, the little plastic finger, with the spring hanging off it, doesn't look the most durable.

ok, I probably do have different google tailored results, are you talking about www.berbel.uk or Itho units?

A good discussion here on Airtight Cooker hoods
    http://www.greenbuildingforum.co.uk/newforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=6392

I might go the recirculation route if I can't get a good solution on this.
    Can you PM me that German company who you reckon is the best.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I went with a motorised one myself. I switch it on and off as I need but I'll eventually get it wired in to the extractor via a contactor.

My issue is that I've a room sealed stove that isn't perfectly sealed at the door so it often pulls air through the stove if I don't open a window.

Thanks Effects, Do you mind sharing the Brand/Model you used for the motorized valve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Wartburg

Effects wrote: »
    I went with a motorised one myself. I switch it on and off as I need but I'll eventually get it wired in to the extractor via a contactor.

My issue is that I've a room sealed stove that isn't perfectly sealed at the door so it often pulls air through the stove if I don't open a window.

We have to use a special switching in Germany for cases like yours. A small sensor will be installed at the closest window to your cooker hood. This one is connected to your cooker hood and allows the use only for the case that the window is at least tilted. That principle prevents a depressurization of your room and the infiltration of exhaust fumes out of your chimney into your building.

Advertisement