Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Electric shower running cold after 5 mins. Brrrrr!

• 29-07-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ davenewt

Hi all,

Quick Q from someone new to the wonderful world of electric showers... (have just moved in to a new property and the only shower is electric)... it works well, very impressed... but only for 5 mins or so, then the water goes cold.

Where should I start my investigations? Boiler (oil fired) seems to be heating water OK for the rest of the house, so is this a shower/pump issue, or something else?

Doesn't really bother me, I'm usually quick... but someone needs to wash their hair and takes much longer in the shower than me! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for any advice,
    David.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Stoner

so it's a mixer shower and not an electric shower? as in the only thing thats electric about it is the pump?

If you turn it off of 2 min and then back on again will it give you 5 more min of hot water?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ davenewt

It's an electric unit (white box) in the shower, not a mixer. Turning off and on again doesn't give 5 more mins of hot water, no. I wish it was that easy!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 peter-pantslez

what is the make and model number of the shower?

it should have it on the from of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ davenewt

'tis a Mira "Event" (!) if that helps...?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ skinner2x

davenewt wrote: »
    'tis a Mira "Event" (!) if that helps...?
    I'll bet the answer is in here ..
    Strange problem though..
    http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭ Payton

Had a problem something the same, the hose was kinked just as it screwed into the shower unit but couldnt see it until I disconeccted it and the plastic tube on the inside ot the hose was kinked, so I just replaced the hose and so far so good

Advertisement