Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair needs all your support. Would we really want to lose them?.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

ryanair are great. people really should get used to the idea that short haul flights are nothing other than a flying bus.
    Exactly, people make way too much of a big deal out of flying. It is costing me more to get a bus to the airport than it is to fly from Ireland to Germany. The bus (citylink) has less legroom, has no toilet nor onboard catering but I never hear anyone complaining. It is also a bumpier ride.

Its a flying bus not a flying hotel!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Just chose to fly to paris with Aer Lingus rather than ryanair! In your face OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ryanair is cheap! Therefore I need pay less. Therefore it is brilliant!

Seriously people should be able to take short air journeys without expecting 5 star luxury treatment.
    Fair enough if you want a higher class airline for longer journeys, but if you're only flying to Britain or France you don't need to be pampered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just chose to fly to paris with Aer Lingus rather than ryanair! In your face OP!
    Ryanair own a 30% stake in air Limgus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ryanair is cheap! Therefore I need pay less. Therefore it is brilliant!

It is not always cheaper though particularly on the London route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I love Ryanair, had many a cheap flight with them - Living in England for the last 6 years (College and work) and wouldn't have been able to get home half as much without ryanair. Never been delayed with them, and they get me where I want to go. You should try using trains in England some time! Thats a poor service!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

would hate to see them go, not because i would miss flying with them, because i dont fly with them, but would miss the entertainment value from all the stories and scandles about them

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Ryanair said its fuel bill rose 93% in its first quarter and fuel now represents almost 50% of total operating costs.

But Ryanair says the clouds its planes fly through have a silver lining.

It predicts consumers will become more price sensitive, and switch away from companies applying fuel surcharges.

Ultimately high oil prices will speed the decline of other airlines, and in that context, expensive oil is an opportunity for Ryanair to grow at the expense of its rivals.
    Its got to be handed to them that they really do know how to market themselves, always getting some sort of advertising/marketing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good choice, because Ryanair fly to an airport about 80km outside of Paris.

Good choice, because Ryanair fly to an airport about 80km outside of Paris.

A point people should always factor in when comparing costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

irish-stew wrote: »
    would hate to see them go, not because i would miss flying with them, because i dont fly with them, but would miss the entertainment value from all the stories and scandles about them

:D
    If you want some funny stories about Ryanair, there are a few books on the subject. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryanair-Small-Airline-Conquered-Europe/dp/1854109928
    Also Ruinair with negative but funny. http://www.paulkilduff.com/ruinair.htm

O Leary dose come out with some classics, In January he sent a number of Ryanair reps to Belfast Airport offering free flights to those that booked on the inaugural aer Lingus to Heathrow flight. O Leary said that these tickets were offered to passengers that "mistakenly thought that Aer lingus was a low cost airline."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I fly to London and back every week, €120 with BMI or cunnie and €50 with Ryanair.

I'd rather fly BMI as they are great, but for 70 quid a week extra in my pocket I am happy with Ryanair.

Love the flying Mcdonalds comment QFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Ryanair own a 30% stake in air Limgus :rolleyes:

Damn.. now I have to cancel those tickets:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Ah Ryanair...have had 6 flights with them over the past few weeks.
    On the most recent one over to London, we were sitting on the tarmac waiting for the last passenger to board..everyone's getting fed up etc. and the guy comes up the steps.
    Who is it only Micheal O Leary! :D
    Will be using them a lot more now I'm moving to london, what with trips home and the like.
    It's grand for what it is..as long as you don't get too delayed.

bronte wrote: »
    On the most recent one over to London, we were sitting on the tarmac waiting for the last passenger to board..everyone's getting fed up etc. and the guy comes up the steps.
    Who is it only Micheal O Leary! :D

He should have bought everyone a drink for holding people up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I make a point to not fly with ryanair on the following grounds.

1) The cheap flights are generally at unsociable hours which means I have to get a taxi to and from the airport which adds to the cost.
    2) They don't necessarily fly exactly to the location I want to go to therefore I have to get a taxi which adds to the cost.
    3) They brought in notion that it's ok to charge me to bring luggage on a holiday.
    4) From news stories and the likes I would question how they treat they're staff.

All in all they aren't a 'low cost' airline in my eyes.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Yea. Michael O 'Leary is such a loveable rogue. How could you not fly with him?
    He'll even give you a blowjob!

b3t4 wrote: »
    I make a point to not fly with ryanair on the following grounds.

1) The cheap flights are generally at unsociable hours which means I have to get a taxi to and from the airport which adds to the cost.
    2) They don't necessarily fly exactly to the location I want to go to therefore I have to get a taxi which adds to the cost.
    3) They brought in notion that it's ok to charge me to bring luggage on a holiday.
    4) From news stories and the likes I would question how they treat they're staff.

A.

Have you ever heard of public transport - And people who can't go away for a week using only carry on luggage deserve to be charged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

They brought in notion that it's ok to charge me to bring luggage on a holiday.
    It is ok. Airlines charging huge prices in the past were able to accommodate customers by allowing them to bring luggage with them. If you pay a higher price for another airline, you're still allowed to bring luggage with you for no extra cost. All Ryanair have done is given you the option of travelling without luggage for less.

I like the "Is the glass half empty or half full" type replies on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

...and long may it continue. It's the people that are paying for luggage etc that are subsiding my cheap flights.

I got a return flight from Shannon-Gatwick for 24euro. I really hope Ryanair aren't going anywhere, otherwise half of this population wont be going anywhere either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Lump wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of public transport - And people who can't go away for a week using only carry on luggage deserve to be charged!

You can tell this is a man posting. :D My last couple of flights were with Ryanair and in some respect they suit me beacause I can get it all into the carry-on. Very occasionally they even go to where I want to be. Even so any time I plan to go away somewhere they fly I look at the alternatives first. Even with "low prices", they are my airline of last resort. IMO EasyJet do the whole "cheap" airline better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

Plug wrote: »
    He'll even give you a blowjob!

lmao

i love ryanair! they're bringing me everywhere on my holidays this summer for about half the price of everywhere else!!

i hope they stay in the black!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I was curious there a few months back about how far ya can fly with ryanair and I worked out a route that took in 6 countries and 7 different flies all for the pricely sum of €280 incl. flights + 1 bag. How far would ya get with Aer Lingus, easyjet, BMi or any of the others for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

The fact that Ryanair are Irish means little to me. If I could find a cheaper airline, I'd use it. Ryanair can't really expect to rely on customer loyalty given their attitude towards customer service, no matter how cheap they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

People are quick to forget what flying was like only 10 years ago! It costed a fortune to nip away for a weekend. I'm happy to sacrifice my hot towel, free drinks and free beer to travel for 10% of what it used to cost. Fair play to Ryanair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

m@cc@ wrote: »
    The fact that Ryanair are Irish means little to me. If I could find a cheaper airline, I'd use it. Ryanair can't really expect to rely on customer loyalty given their attitude towards customer service, no matter how cheap they are.
    I don't think loyalty is what they're looking for really.

Brand loyalty is a load of crap, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭rusalka

I've never flown with them, and I never will. I don't like poor people. :p

Oh, and this - QFT:

Oh, and the boarding scrum - utterly undignified, and needlessly ridiculous policy in my opinion.

Ryanair is for people who just can't afford civilised air travel (and damn them for forcing the other airlines to cut prices too, so that nearly any pleb can fly with them now.) :pac:

The sooner Ryanair die, and air travel becomes disgustingly expensive again, the better. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yes, I would miss Ryanair if we lost them. Their seats are comfy enough, and I usually go to sleep for the whole journey when on a flight anyways, so I don't want or need fancy things in the airplane. Would not have been able to fly as much if they weren't here and Aer Lingus were still trying to charge extortionate prices for their flights.

Advertisement