Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review: Cork Airport parking charges and other facilities.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tropo

I wanted to park my car for free by parking it on a side road but changed my mind due to hearing that locals are skeptical about strange cars parked for long times.
    I chose to use the Int.Airport hotel at €5 per day, I left the car there in Dec 18th @ 4am and collected it 29th midnight. I paid them €50. They are open to a little bargaining so don't be shy :-)
    They drop you to the airport and pick you up via shuttle.
    I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tinders

Go to Airport View Parking. Fiver a day and they couldn't be more helpful. Wouldn't use anywhere else, esp the airport itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 phojes

bobcat27 wrote: »
    You could try www.corkairportparking.com they have an agreement with a few Cork airport parking places. I have never used them though.

Another option is ParkSmart.ie Cork. It also gives a discount the more you book with them through their user account and it can be used for parking in Dublin or Shannon as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

1. Directly across the road from the main entrance to Cork Airport there is a road that leads to Parking @ €5.00 per day. There is a free minibus service between the facility and the airport. On your return flight the minibus will be with you within 5 mins.

2. One of the hotels on the airport site offer parking. I dont know what the charge is but it is probably cheaper than Aer Rianta Parking.

3. With a little imagination you can get free and safe parking for as long as you wish within a €10.00 taxi ride of the airport. But, know your streets.

Aer Rianta's parking charges in Cork are excessive and the airport authority comparing prices in UK is not comparing like with like. Cork Airport facilities are not as good as should be. However, it is better than its nightmarish counterpart in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

the International hotel have ceased their link for airport parking at the end of 2010 as spaces were been booked and they had none for their hotel customers,pity they couldnt compromise and have a set amount because ir was very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I hear if you the guard at the drop off & collect section a fiver you can park there all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Flown in and out a dozen times at this stage. Choice of food not great (especially after security) and like all airports expensive. However ive never waited long for bags unlike dublin airport and ive never had to do more then a minute q to go through immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

whippet wrote: »
    works out at about €7.20 per day, I am sure you had a look at the costs before you decided to park there.

There are some UK airports and the long term parking for 5 days could cost as much.

True, but there are other UK airports where the price would have 5 times that for one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 userjohn

TOPHONCHO wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used Cork Airpark services. Looks like a fair deal. I will be away for 14 days. The official car park will cost me almost 120 euro. This company will give my car a full valeting + free parking while i am away + a courtesy car to and from the airport. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. At least you are getting some return on your money.

I've used them. Found them very good, we flew out at 7am on a Sunday morning and arranged to have someone there. and when we flew back in I was up at their place , collected the (cleaned) car and was back at the terminal in time for my girlfriend to just come out of arrivals and saved about €30. I would definitely reccomend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 phojes

lochie101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever parked their car at the airport lodge at cork airport? It's much cheaper than the airport parking so thinking of leaving my car there when i fly out. Just wondering if it's secure and safe?

There are a few places to park at Cork apart from at Cork airport. Have a look at http://www.parksmart.ie/airport/cork/parking/cork-airport-parking.html

Airport Lodge is on there

• Advertisement
Advertisement