Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs going/seeking in Wexford

• 25-07-2008 8:50am

Given that there seems to be people looking for work and people looking for people to work, so this seemed a good idea.

Please post here if you have a job or are looking for one. Once the position is filled, can you PM a mod to remove your post?

NO AGENCIES - You will get an immediate ban from the forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭FreeEnergy

Hi all,

Hope this post is allowed, will find out soon enough.

I have the following work available.........

1.Plastering of half a gable end (about 15 SqM) INDOORS

2. Misc bits and bobs of plastering, holes etc.

3. Bell Cast needs plastering on a new pitched roof

4. Concrete floor needs taking up. Its about 16SqM depth unknown.
    I need it taking up and lowering about 6 inches ready for a new floor.

If anyone is interested please call or text me on 085 100 1860.

I don't mind that my number is posted here, so there is no need for
    any sysop to delete it.

Please remember that the days of charging stupid money
    for tiny jobs are well and truly over.
    I don't pay anyone a week of my wages for one days work.

Thanks in advance
    Mark.

PS Cash obviously..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

Hi, I've just completed a Comptia A+ computer technician course and I am currently undertaking a Network+ course. I'm looking for a job in IT full-time or Part-time and would even consider doing work experience. If anyone has a vacancy I would love to hear from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Laid-off (at least I got laid hay!) in Febuary from a manufacturing outlet.
    Willing to do anything & would move to Wexford no bother.
    Don't drive but once I start working again, I will re-start lessons.
    Will genuinely consider anything so long as it's full-time but no commission-ondly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Nice idea but let's face it there are NO jobs in Wexford and anyone who has one around DG is part time - eg. one or two days per week. There were few enough jobs here during the Celtic Slug and none at all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ramblingcelt

Have heard CocaCola will be advertising in August for 40 positions to begin in Feb of next year. Worth looking out for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

im a college student. im looking for a part-time job. anywher around wexford town - i live in crossabeg. i can work weekends for the whole college year and can start as soon as possible.

PM me if anything comes up.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

9 Full time telephony based jobs in wexford town/drinagh area to be advertised in this Wednesdays People paper, keep an eye out.

Work now done. Did it myself in the end, everyone wanted too much money.
    Now they have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

FreeEnergy wrote: »
    Work now done. Did it myself in the end, everyone wanted too much money.
    Now they have none.

We all thought you were revenue/social:D

No one only state employees are spending at the mo.

I would have done it for 300 a day, cash obviously.

I rest my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

Have heard CocaCola will be advertising in August for 40 positions to begin in Feb of next year. Worth looking out for.

Wexford people: pg 59
    At least 4 jobs @ Coca Cola Flavour Manufacturing

1. Production supervisors
    2. Process development scientist
    3. Maintenance technicians
    4. Quality Regulatory Compliance

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭lisij

could please anyone show me on map, where exactly is a coca cola factory in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

lisij wrote: »
    could please anyone show me on map, where exactly is a coca cola factory in wexford

Its behind Water on the Rosslare road out of town Just ask for Drinagh Court Hotel its accross the road from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Its behind Water on the Rosslare road out of town Just ask for Drinagh Court Hotel its accross the road from it.

nice map:D

I hear they are holding aptitude testing at the moment, who do they think they are, the civil service?

Good luck by the way to anybody who's in for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Waters Technology are looking for more staff
    Manufacturing Operaters
    Analytical Chemist
    Process Chemist
    Manufacturing Technicians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Part-time festival co-ordinator position:

http://www.staff.ie/jobs/30889.html

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Hi anyone got any work for a chef living in Camolin?I have my own transport and can do private partys,functions etc.Loads of expierence and can cook in any style.:)

Waters Technology are looking for more staff
    Manufacturing Operaters
    Analytical Chemist
    Process Chemist
    Manufacturing Technicians

Has anyone who applied heard anything back from Waters?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

Hi I'm looking for a lady to do a few hours cleaning a week or every other week. 4 bed house just off the R741

I think the previous post says it all about job prospects in County Wexford - would the last person out turn off the light? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

chieftan65 wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for a lady to do a few hours cleaning a week or every other week. 4 bed house just off the R741

lady???

If it needing hammering home that the South East is a basket case this news item from yesterday's Indo surely proves the point.

Irish Independent

Monday May 17 2010

IN a sign of the times, almost 1,000 people have applied for fewer than 25 jobs at a new cinema -- many of them over-qualified.

Gorey cinema manager Eugene Tobin said he was 'flummoxed' by the number of applications at the Co Wexford venue.

"We received 939 applications and we have between 20 and 25 jobs on offer. We had applications from people with PhDs, master's degrees, from accountants, from all walks of life."

While there are some top positions, the majority are for general cinema duties.

- Brendan Furlong

Irish Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

If it needing hammering home that the South East is a basket case this news item from yesterday's Indo surely proves the point.

"We received 939 applications and we have between 20 and 25 jobs on offer. We had applications from people with PhDs, master's degrees, from accountants, from all walks of life."

While there are some top positions, the majority are for general cinema duties.

The South East & particularly Wexford has been treated with contempt since independence, the Political Parties & establishment & even the EU have failed to secure any lasting prosperity by making little effort in investing in the long term future of the region & it's people. The region should be, with it's closer links to Britain & Europe one of the most prosperous parts of Ireland. Meanwhile Wexford county is a backwater, particularly the South & Western areas.:mad:

Instead the levels of unemployment in Wexford are higher than the west, whilst third level education numbers are in fact lower.

The proposed closure of South Wexford railways whilst the continually subsidised western regions continue to have massive government & EU aid sums up the disgraceful situation.

And apart from a few notable exceptions, our politicians fail the people of the South East region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bahamadia

Originally from Wexford and have to say yeah I probably wouldn't move back there because I'd never get a decent job in research or academia.

In response to the previous posts - yeah I kind of agree that Wexford has been left behind by the major Industries even though it has a fantastic roll-on roll-off port facility for easy access to the rest of Europe. We did however manage to get a pretty decent N25 and the N11 isn't half as bad as some of the primary routes down here in Munster!!!

I also believe that Wexford is one of the nicest counties in the country and that tourism is completely underdeveloped in the region.

Our festivals (bar the Opera) have dwindled in popularity as Cois Farraige, The Oyster Festival, Electric Picnic, Dublin Film festival etc. continue to grow.

I'm no expert on sales, marketing, tourism etc. but surely more can be done to promote Wexford - create a united tourism board, amalgamate smaller festivals to coincide with each other and draw more people down from around the country and keep those who come in on the boats in the county.

We've some of the best beaches around (ok we might not have the surf of the West) but surely some entrepeneurs could think of business ideas to get things going. Also there are some great golf courses around, par 3's par 4's, links etc. I'm sure they do alright by themselves but why not join forces and advertise together.

I know everyone will say that outdoor activities are at the mercy of the weather etc but it doesn't take a genius to realise that even on wet weekends the N7/M7, N21, N20 and N24 to Limerick and Clare are jammed with people heading down to get some watersports in for the weekend.

Also noticed recently that the tourism Ireland ad on tv doesn't feature Wexford at all. Goes to show - we don't have the pull anymore.

For 10-15 years everyone got jobs in construction. For the next 10-15 all plenty of these men and women will get jobs as handy men fixing up the **** quality houses that were built but if I was to hedge my bets, tourism is the only industry that has room for expansion at the moment. The government will focus on renewable energy, biosciences and technology but these all require qualifications and time to set up and running. Get ahead of the rest of the country Wexford and lead the way!

Irish people are staying around for the holidays more and more. I'd be more than happy to head to Wex more often if there was more to do.

Final point - we all know the celtic kitten made people very greedy. Be realistic and keep prices low. Only recently has it become just as cheap to stay in a hotel in Ireland as it is abroad. Keep it that way.

You may ask why don't I do these things myself. Like I say I don't work in tourism or marketing. I've just observed what other places have been doing and would rather see Wexford benefit for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Is anyone in need of a photographer?

Link to some of my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

I need the grass cut once per week in July/August.
    It's only about 30 mins of work, so would suit local teenager/student.

€20 per cut on offer.

Mower & petrol is provided.
    Grass cuttings can be thrown over fence.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

DaDa wrote: »
    I need the grass cut once per week in July/August.
    It's only about 30 mins of work, so would suit local teenager/student.

€20 per cut on offer.

Mower & petrol is provided.
    Grass cuttings can be thrown over fence.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

Got sorted, courtesy of Boards :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

Optimus485 wrote: »
    Has anyone who applied heard anything back from Waters?

Yeah I got a thanks but no thanks. Degrees in Experimental Physics are even more pointless than Arts degrees it would seem.

• Advertisement

I have lost count of how many are out of work in Co.Wexford but there's not much hope for them according to today's Enniscorthy Guardian which had two part-time jobs, two full-time jobs and a commission sales agent wanted - now where did I leave my CV or perhaps I should get on my bike! Some week's go by with zero jobs advertised.

Just found this: The National unemployment rate was 11.0% March 2009. County Wexford’s unemployment rate stands at 15.4% at the end of March 2009 Apparently the number out of work in the county grew by 50% (!) since then - how many thousand this is I can't pin down.

Advertisement