Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Mistaking Your Age FFS!!

Options
  • 23-07-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

What is it with people mistaken your age??

People have thought i was 28/30/31/34:eek:

I'm only a baby at 21:(

One or two years either way grand, no problem there.

But 13 years is a bit much!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i'm 33 but most people think i'm only 25/26 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

am 21 and get told i look alot older. used to aim for that when i was younger, now i'm fighting it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

People have suspected me of being in my thirties since I was about 11.
    I'm due to catch up soon, and at that point I'll start getting younger again. (I think thats how it works anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I'm 29 and up until about a year ago often got asked for ID when buying ciggies or beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm 24 and people sometimes think I'm 16! :eek:
    Nice problem to have I suppose! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

RedXIV wrote: »
    am 21 and get told i look alot older. used to aim for that when i was younger, now i'm fighting it! :D

****ing hell I thought you were 24/25!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I got asked for ID last week and i'm nearly 29. I know in a few years i'll be chuffed looking so young but right now its embarrassing.

Pen1987 wrote: »
    ****ing hell I thought you were 24/25!

see? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

30 - At the moment, people tend to think I'm 23/24.

Red, you seem older all right. You call me "lass" and I remember clearly the year you were born!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Kiera wrote: »
    I got asked for ID last week and i'm nearly 29. I know in a few years i'll be chuffed looking so young but right now its embarrassing.

That's my thinking also. Everybody else our age will look old and wrinkly but we'll still look sexeh.... :)

• Advertisement

see? :D

hah... I thought I was the youngster of the group that night we were out. Although I was the only one acting mature! New levels of ignorance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'm 21 also and people mistake me for 16 some times which is really irritating :mad:

Dudess wrote: »
    Red, you seem older all right. You call me "lass" and I remember clearly the year you were born!

The lass thing just popped out of nowhere when i was about 16. started calling any and every girl it. Teachers never appreciated it. :D

It's ok here, i can try and be mature, people who know me properly have seen the immaturity shining brightly. This is why me and you can never meet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭eddie.fandango

hah... I thought I was the youngster of the group that night we were out. Although I was the only one acting mature! New levels of ignorance!!!

Damn straight :) By the way, the 'grab and spin' is genius.

The lass thing just popped out of nowhere when i was about 16. started calling any and every girl it. Teachers never appreciated it. :D

It's ok here, i can try and be mature, people who know me properly have seen the immaturity shining brightly. This is why me and you can never meet :D
    Never lose the "lass" thing - it's adorable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I was 18, she was 17 and walking around Liverpool. I got yelled at by several people to go out with people of my own age and that I was filthy! ;_; Laugh my head off thinking about it now.

no worries lass, never gonna happen ;)

couldn't if i tried anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm 22 but I was asked for ID once for a 15s (or 16s or whatever they call them these days) movie. Funnily enough I rarely get asked for ID in pubs.

I'll be glad of it when I'm older I suppose!

I want to be called lass.

Im dont get mistaken for older/younger but Im rarely asked for ID, I'm 21.

arseagon wrote: »
    That's my thinking also. Everybody else our age will look old and wrinkly but we'll still look sexeh.... :)
    Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have inherited my mum's genes - she's in her early 60s and people have mistaken her for being in her 40s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have inherited my mum's genes - she's in her early 60s and people have mistaken her for being in her 40s.

I'm the same with my Dad. He's 50 but looks about 30. That's where I get my 12 year old looks from.

I want to be called lass.

Next time lass, next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm going to be 30 in September and I still regularly get asked for ID.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Mid 20s and I'm always getting asked for ID.

Drink, cigarettes, pubs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

One upside to looking older i find is randy 'aul ones;)

35 is the oldest.

Giz a shot of yer knockers:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

23 and ive been turned away from my local spar and offie while trying to buy drink loads of times coz i dont have an age card.... like do they really think i look 17, ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I'm 19. A drag queen told me I looked about 12.. ouch! But yeah I probably do look young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

People thought I was much older when in my teens/early 20's. Nowadays it doesn't come into conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

+ a million.

Im 22..nearly 23...(booo!)....and get mistaken for being older...a fellow boardsie (SHE KNOWS WHO SHE IS!!) thought I was 27...27!!!! 5 years older!

People at work are surprised at my age too :( think Im older than I am.

I like to tell myself its because of my maturity :D

But...I get ID'd for smokes sometimes..and drink in the off license other times...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oil of Olay time me thinks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

21...get ID'd loads. As the sentiment goes, I'll probably appreciate it in a few years.

Advertisement