Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola bus posters

Options
  • 20-07-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could pick up one of the bus shelter posters Coca Cola had that were cartoon maps of Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Call Dublin Bus they might have a few spare

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Steal one? A crime against Coca Cola isn't really a crime... Unless you get caught of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Kold wrote: »
    Steal one? A crime against Coca Cola isn't really a crime... Unless you get caught of course.

Any idea where there might be one? And how I'd get it out? I've heard "use a screwdriver" but I'd want a little more detail than that.

alantc wrote: »
    Any idea where there might be one? And how I'd get it out? I've heard "use a screwdriver" but I'd want a little more detail than that.

I'm not sure what the bus stops are like up there I'm afraid, so you'll have to do your own reconaissance.

Are these the eBoy designs by any chance? What a sell out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Is this what you're on about?

http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/cokedublinposter.jpg

It's not worth the fine if you get caught stealing it.

This link is not dial-up friendly.......

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2316651998_11b3239ef8_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Anyone giving information on how to steal posters will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

Try Coca-Cola PR department or Advertising department. Or Dublin Bus or the company that puts the signs up, not sure of the name, Adshell I think or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Theres a crowd out in Bluebell Industrial estate that prints all these large posters for JC Decaux and CIE etc, Im sure if you approached one of thew lads working there he would run one off for you as a nixer,

alantc, don't push your luck.
    I haven't banned anyone in over a week, so my trigger finger is really itchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Terry wrote: »
    Anyone giving information on how to steal posters will be banned.

Excuse the cheekiness, but any tips on how to steal the whole bus stop then? Im sure that would suffice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

So, has anyone ever called Dublin Bus or Ad Shel etc. trying to get a poster before?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The detail on that is immense for non-Irish artists, right down to stuff like the Why Go Bald sign and the skaters at the Central Bank.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

MYOB wrote: »
    The detail on that is immense for non-Irish artists, right down to stuff like the Why Go Bald sign and the skaters at the Central Bank.

What makes you think it wasn't an Irish artist, out of curiosity?

I would have thought anything like this would have been outsourced to a local advertising firm

turgon wrote: »
    Excuse the cheekiness, but any tips on how to steal the whole bus stop then? Im sure that would suffice
    STFU

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

this isn't a very handy tip if you have a job or a life, but I got one off the adshel guys that put up new ones. I saw him at the bus stop across the road from my house and asked him about them, and he was really nice and dropped one over to my house the next week.

also, the shelters are alarmed so I'd advise against any break in attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

phasers wrote: »
    this isn't a very handy tip if you have a job or a life, but I got one off the adshel guys that put up new ones. I saw him at the bus stop across the road from my house and asked him about them, and he was really nice and dropped one over to my house the next week.

also, the shelters are alarmed so I'd advise against any break in attempts
    Old ones aren't

Bus shelters have alarms in them now?

in Neilstown they do anyway :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Phlann wrote: »

I would have thought anything like this would have been outsourced to a local advertising firm

It was done by eboy, who are scandinavian - http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/2008/05/22/coke-dublin-poster/

Phlann wrote: »

eBoy aren't Irish.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    It was done by eboy, who are scandinavian - http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/2008/05/22/coke-dublin-poster/

I see, you're right that is impressive.

Although their lack of familiarity with Dublin is pretty obvious in some places. I mean, they forgot to include this detail anywhere on the northside:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/645/ptbroncoburning01ktq3.png

Pretty glaring omission imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

So, has anyone ever called Dublin Bus or Ad Shel etc. trying to get a poster before?

No.

Though if I did, Id like to ask them why they are able to replace the ad poster on my nearest bus stop every two weeks but there hasnt been a timetable in the shelter for about four months :confused:

shane86 wrote: »
    No.

Though if I did, Id like to ask them why they are able to replace the ad poster on my nearest bus stop every two weeks but there hasnt been a timetable in the shelter for about four months :confused:

There's a certain billboard that always has abuse scrawled on it directed at me. I know who does it and to be honest I find it pretty funny. He can get quite creative in his abuse. It's amazing how fast they replace it everytime though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NeverGiveUp

You can get the posters here: www.bebo.com/coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

i want one as well. its class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

There are a lot on Eircom phone boxes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Does anyone know where I could pick up one of the bus shelter posters Coca Cola had that were cartoon maps of Dublin?

Use one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

1600x1200_dublin_0e.jpg

There's a wallpaper of it (1600x1200) for a start. Big printout maybe ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Anyone else notice the Dub fan pissing up against the wall ?
    Case of "where's willy" ?

• Advertisement

Is there a way to get one that doesn't involve searching a cartoon city?

Advertisement