Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS names etc

Options
  • 15-07-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Suppose I have two web domain names registered:
    e.g.
    mydomain1.com
    mydomain1.org

and I wish to point this at the one website, i.e. one hosting package. What is the easiest way to do this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Hi,
    e.g.
    mydomain1.com
    mydomain1.org

and I wish to point this at the one website, i.e. one hosting package. What is the easiest way to do this?

Cheers

not really sure what you're asking

point out at the IP of the machine your hosting package is on

in the hosting controel panel depending on what one it is you should be able to setup "virtual hosts"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Hi,
    e.g.
    mydomain1.com
    mydomain1.org

Cheers

In your hosting control panel add the 2nd domain as a parked domain, sometimes its a good idea to set up redirection aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Contact your hosting provider.

It shouldn't be hard to add the second domain to your account, but how it's done will vary depending on which control panel they are using

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GaaTec

I assume you have proper hosting, and most decent hosting providers have a good interface where you easily can set each domain's webspace.

You simply create a folder on your webspace and set the home directory of both domains to that folder.
    Gøran.
    www.gaatec.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

GaaTec wrote: »
    I assume you have proper hosting, and most decent hosting providers have a good interface where you easily can set each domain's webspace.

You simply create a folder on your webspace and set the home directory of both domains to that folder.
    Gøran.
    www.gaatec.com
    Its quite obvious that you are only posting around here to advertise your business.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=222027
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56625506&postcount=2 - Inserting it twice?

• Advertisement

Donal,
    Some people would consider your comment a bit rich coming from someone that leave both name, 2 email addresses as well as the 2 url's in their own signature. (See attached image of what webmonkeys signature looks like if you are not logged in to boards.ie)

G.

Donal,
    Some people would consider your comment a bit rich coming from someone that leave both name, 2 email addresses as well as the 2 url's in their own signature. (See attached image of what webmonkeys signature looks like if you are not logged in to boards.ie)

G.
    He contributes on here regularly and has done for years.

You've been spamming your site's link around plus posting affiliate links.

Hi there Blacknight,
    I am not sure if I have misunderstood the rules and welcome your input :)

When joining the board.ie I went in under "Newbies & FAQ" and read the sticky regarding Signature Rules. (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479)

It was stated in that post that: "A subtle link to something you run online is fine."

I was (based on above) lead to believe that I could insert my website url as a signature in my posts, or am I wrong ?

G.

[/B]I was (based on above) lead to believe that I could insert my website url as a signature in my posts, or am I wrong ?

G.

You setup your signature here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Coming right back on topic...

• Advertisement
Advertisement