Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP address of a website

Options
  • 31-01-2005 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭

How do I get the IP address of a website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

go to command prompt and type nslookup www.whatever.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

go to command prompt and type nslookup www.whatever.com
    Nice one guys, I knew about the nslookup command but for some reason, ut is returning a "non-existent" domain error
    That site worked a treat though! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

or go to command prompt and type ping www.whatever.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Moderater wrote:
    or go to command prompt and type ping www.whatever.com
    Just asked the system admin....ping and nslookup won't work cause we're behind a firewall.....got it sorted now though...thanks for the quick replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GaaTec

I recommend to use a website locator such as http://www.geobytes.com/ipLocator.htm

Reg.
    G.

*Mod edit - I recommend that you don't advertise your business on a thread. If you want you can place a link to you business in your signature or else contact one of the site admins regarding advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

GaaTec wrote: »
    I recommend to use a website locator such as http://www.geobytes.com/ipLocator.htm

Reg.
    G.
    ?? That just tells you the location of the IP address geographically - course it will convert to IP if you enter the address.

Bare in mind OP that if the website is on shared hosting, you won't be able to access it directly by typing in the IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Thread is over 2 years old....GaaTec dragging up old threads like this is generally frowned upon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement