Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Desktop/Laptop Nvidia G84/G86 chipsets fooked

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,100 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The cards operate fine, and they have a 2 year extended warranty, but yes if you get one you can expect to have to send it off for at least one round of warranty repairs in the first 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Overheal wrote: »
    The cards operate fine, and they have a 2 year extended warranty, but yes if you get one you can expect to have to send it off for at least one round of warranty repairs in the first 12 months.

I'd rather have a working windows laptop than a crocked dual booting one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,100 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

who mentioned dual booting?

Im just saying if I had a choice between the same laptop with ATI or NV, Id go ATI. But if it were the laptop that only had NV, Id probably settle with the free warranty extenstion. After all the tx2500z only has the nvidia chip :( but my god, I need one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Overheal wrote: »

which ive just done last week. Very quick process by the way.

Just one point id make:
    DO NOT EMAIL TECH SUPPORT. itl be forwarded to some trouble shooting spa in like india or something. they are less than useless. Just call your local tech support and explain that its your GPU. I was on the phone for no more than Five minutes and they sent a guy with a replacement mobo and gpu the next day. 45 minutes work. savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

which ive just done last week. Very quick process by the way.

Just one point id make:
    DO NOT EMAIL TECH SUPPORT. itl be forwarded to some trouble shooting spa in like india or something. they are less than useless. Just call your local tech support and explain that its your GPU. I was on the phone for no more than Five minutes and they sent a guy with a replacement mobo and gpu the next day. 45 minutes work. savage.

What GPU do you have?

I haven't found any actual evidence of the 9300M failing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

8400 gs

and I didnt observe anything either. It worked perfectly one day, the next day, fooked

Advertisement