Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In light of an economic downturn, which transport project would you give priority to?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Improved air transport to America and Australia?

Look east not west, that's where the growth is! but if you're willing to do 60 hours a week for a bag of rice then go for it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

I've set up a poll relating to the above question on the Infrastructure Forum. The link is as follows:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055331716

Regards!

This post is really a bump, but just a quick poll update (13/07/08)...

Regarding the poll itself, there are now 64 votes cast and by far the two most popular choices are: the Interconnector (51.56%); and Metro North (21.88). The top two choices comes as no surprise to me, but although the gap has significantly closed in recent days, the interconnector is still far ahead of its nearest rival. In fact, the Interconnector still has more votes (just) than all other 9 options combined.

The poll closes on 30th July 2008!

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

i would go for the interconnector because of the possibilities of extending the dart on all the main lines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Doesn't a lot of what you prefer depend on where you live, and what project most significantly impacts you? YIMBY (yes in my backyard) so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Doesn't a lot of what you prefer depend on where you live, and what project most significantly impacts you? YIMBY (yes in my backyard) so to speak.
    So your saying the results are going to be biased? well sure thats always going to be the case I suppose with Dublin having such a huge chunk of the population.

Personally though Id be in favour of the Cork-Limerick motorway and continuing up to Galway linking the 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest cities with a high quality motorway.

The poll closes on Wed 30th July 2008 @ 13:59!!!

For those who are not familiar, the poll question is:

In light of an economic downturn, which transport project would you give priority to?

There are 10 options, so please choose the one which you think will best serve the country
    economically and socially.

If you didn't have your say yet, you better hurry! The link is as follows:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055331716&page=4

Regards!

The poll closes on Wed 30th July 2008 @ 13:59!!!

For those who are not familiar, the poll question is:

There are 10 options, so please choose the one which you think will best serve the country
    economically and socially.

If you didn't have your say yet, you better hurry! The link is as follows:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055331716&page=4

Regards!

OK! This is basically a bump, but it's the last call before the poll (as mentioned above) closes tomorrow 30th July @ 13:59pm. If you haven't casted your vote yet, please do so ASAP!

Many thanks to those who've participated so far! :)

I hope to analyse the final result on Thursday! :cool:

Regards!

Advertisement