Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Sky HD installation exactly?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You are really not paying attention are you, I have already said I am not taking part in the offer so these prices are the normal retail not subsidised by sky. If you actually looked carefully rather than trying to score points you would see a banner link directly to sky's site for anyone who wishes to avail of the special offer. I was making a general point about independent installers, clearly went above your head.

koolkid wrote: »
    Not better prices on the site in your sig anyway

SKY HD box Price: €448.99
    (Including VAT at 21%)

SKY Plus Price: €298.99
    (Including VAT at 21%)

Deffo better value from SKY

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks Tony for that post.

Of course if you want it for €149 you will need to call sky. If you don't want sky installers anywhere near your house call an independant or buy direct from Tony. That way the box is yours free and clear from sky. You may pay a premium but these guys need to make a living.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not trying to score points. Just dont like to be ripped off.
    The prices I quoted from independents is with signing a contract with SKY. So therefore I repeat my recommendation that you would be better off dealing with SKY directly.
    What use is a HD or plus box without the subscribtion??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have found that independants don't want to know unless you are a new sky customer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I got that as well. One lad actually recommending me to cancel my account & reapply as a new customer. When you get into advice like that you know its got to be dodgey

• Advertisement

Not trying to score points. Just dont like to be ripped off.

Then why quote prices from my site out of context, I'm not ripping you off since you are not buying from me.
    The prices I quoted from independents is with signing a contract with SKY.

You quoted from two independents and used this to make a sweeping generalistation about all independents using terms like "rip off etc"
    What use is a HD or plus box without the subscribtion??

very little, whats your point?

My Point is why would anyone pay a rip off 3 times the price for the product. Which i'm guessing doent include installation , cable plugs etc..
    Yes I quoted 2 independents. I have since made it my business to ask prices of every one of these I see. So far they are all over charging. If I find one charging the same or less I will ofcouse post that up with praise.

My Point is why would anyone pay a rip off 3 times the price for the product.

In certain circumstances they would pay the non subsidised price.(which I am not going to divulge here)

Since you have no problem quoting prices from my site why not list all the independents you have spoken to and what they are charging stating whether they are in fact taking part in this offer.

Please stop using the term rip off it detracts from your argument.

Also checked prices in Northside today another €120 installation rip off.
    I use the term Rip Off because anyone who charges over the odds is ripping people off.

Then you are simply demonstrating a lack of understanding of the situation that pertains to sky's business relationship with independents and since you are not naming the retailers in question and whether or not they are in fact taking part in the promotion no one is able check whether or not this evidence stands up to scrutiny.

I use the term Rip Off because anyone who charges over the odds is ripping people off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think this thread is going nowhere.

I'm not sure how things can be a rip-off if you aren't actually buying them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement