Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sansung 40" LCD €695

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is this a bargain alert or a HD discussion?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Soarer wrote: »

You are completly right; apologies for digressing into a discussion.

The price in Currys is one of the best online. It's a good TV and has received some postivie reviews. Bargain if you can get it at that price up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The price in Currys is one of the best online and only slightly behind Amazon's price of £445. It's a good TV and has received some postivie reviews. Bargain if you can get it at that price up north.

Can you post a link to Amazon? I have a Northern address so that might suiit me nicely :cool:

Can you post a link to Amazon? I have a Northern address so that might suiit me nicely :cool:

Apologies heathersonline, I mistakenly quoted a price that was incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

No probs, they do have some very good offers though, thanks for the tip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What is wrong with some education for the masses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

would u get charged customs if u had them mail this tv too u in the south?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No customs only gets charged when a product is entering the EU. I doubt they will ship this to the south though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Oddjobber

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Went up north over the weekend looking for a new Samsung LCD, some guy comes up to me with the usual "can I help you", said I was looking to get a new LCD. As soon as he heard my southern accent he asked was i from the south to which i replied yes, then he said that their TV's won't work in the south, am I missing something :confused:

Back a few years ago this was true. For a TV to work in the south in needs to have a UHF and VHF tuner, pretty much all branded TV's now have this, all Samsung TV's for example work in the South as they do in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They don't work if you're using the aerial. If you're using a sky/ntl box through scart then it'll work fine. I wouldn't get a 40" lcd with only an aerial to plug in to anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What is wrong with some education for the masses?

If someone wants to be educated on something, they should head to the relevant forum and ask/read.
    If someone wants a bargain, they come here.
    I can understand someone asking a question about a bargain posted, but when it results in going off on a tangent, I think it's gone too far.

That's just IMHO like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Oddjobber

If someone wants to be educated on something, they should head to the relevant forum and ask/read.
    If someone wants a bargain, they come here.
    I can understand someone asking a question about a bargain posted, but when it results in going off on a tangent, I think it's gone too far.

That's just IMHO like.

Surely a bargain is buying something at a great price that works.

Oddjobber wrote: »
    Surely a bargain is buying something at a great price that works.

I think the user is referring to the page long discussion between myself and another user regarding the EICTA and the current crop of HD logos that are supposedly misleading customers, and the fact that this is a bargain thread and not one for discussions of length that detract from the original topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

They don't work if you're using the aerial. If you're using a sky/ntl box through scart then it'll work fine. I wouldn't get a 40" lcd with only an aerial to plug in to anyway.
    They do if they have a VHF/UHF receiver.

Advertisement