Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,878 ✭✭✭✭muffler

"Slow drivers are nothing but idiots"

I'm not complaining about what she said, i'm just pointing out how stupid it is
    People are entitled to an opinion here without being told their opinion is stupid. Now if you have a different opinion you can post something like I did above and say that you dont agree with it.

Just leave the inflammatory wording out of your posts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

MYOB wrote: »
    I've found the Donegal 'boy racers' generally of a far higher standard of driving than most other drivers in the country (basically, anyone else would kill themselves within hours of trying to drive like them...). Excessively slow drivers cause other drivers to get fustrated and take risks, very fast drivers usually cause risk only to themselves...

Oh I'm going to be labelled as the Paddy 20 of Driving threads...

I do think see the sarcasm of your in brackets bit, bit you touch on something whether deliberate or not.

Its quite correct that the Donegal board has so much discssion on these topics as we do have problems and a bad image nationwide and its important that rather than have Gay Byrne rubbish and condisend Donegal Drivers in a whim as he has done, we discuss locally and solve.

Boy racers or those labelled as such by what they drive often tend to buy cars of a particular kind, treasure them and look ater them, some drive the crap out of them but there is another thing about many of these cars.

Imprezas or evos for example are technically fantastic cars that have the very best technology available. Its quite plausable for an Evo to be more safe on Donegal Roads than any other car if you look at road holding and the ability to accelerate when needed to overtake, even within the law. Probably not great in a crash but in other respects can corner, brake and accelerate to get back in infront, in an emergency or otherwise in a safe manner.

It does not excuse ricidulious driving but theres times when a performance car is safer, though always seen as a boy racer car regardless of whos driving.

If an evo passes you within the speed limit you'd still think 'lunatic', even though he probably could in any scenario, but in this case can get from 30 - 60 in a couple of seconds to allow him do so without breaking the law or endangering anyone.

So yes there are times when the person driving a boy racer car may be in the safest position.

Advertisement