Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue 1st July 21:00 Wesley College -v- IBM DSL FC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

They only had 9 last time. Wont make it along for support this evening so good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tusky wrote: »
    RB

lol, Simon might leave you at the side of the road then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

5-3 win, with us leading 4-0 with about 15 minutes left. 2-0 up at half time, from 2 set pieces. we got a free kick out wide that art knocked home from all of 2 yards and then lepos corner went all the way in, via the head of a defender, possible og, but looked to me like it was going straight in as the wind had it.

sav made it 3 from close in after a great cross from simon and then art and myself combined for art to get his second. they got one back from a set piece (i think) good finish in all fairness and then we made it 5-1 with about 10 left. we had 3 or 4 more chances to make it 6 but poor final ball or just not getting on the end of it cost us. we then conceded 2 late goals, both when we got caught possession in their half and got suckered two times, the second being the last kick of the game.

so, a win is a win, im disappointed that we left them in for 2 late goals, but we have ended a streak that hopefully will see us pick up a few more wins. some good performances tonight and we opened them up in the second half 6 or 7 times. we also got to try alot of things with players in different positions (im like it upfront!) so thats pleasing and all 16 players got a decent run out. so alls happy, 5 goals and 3 points. cant argue with that.

scorers -

art, lepo, sav, art, ed.

Great win guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

great stuff lads, fair play. Good to get the win under the belt and bagging 5 goals is always nice so.

• Advertisement

How are you Jules?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yo, didnt expect to get a run out but was happy to play. Im definitely well below my desired fitness & am very rusty (havent played 11 a side in 6 years!) I'll hopefully get there in the next month.

Very strange playing 11 a side with no offside. My first time...changes everything in regards to the shape of the defense.

Its also difficult when you dont know what positions your team mates are playing in but I suppose thats to be expected in a first game.

Cheers for the run out though Des. Enjoyed it.

p.s what a corner, eh ? :P

Yo, didnt expect to get a run out but was happy to play. Im definitely well below my desired fitness but I'll hopefully get there in the next month.

Howya.

Keep coming out, I liked what I saw :)

The only to get fit is to keep playing.
    Very strange playing 11 a side with no offside. My first time...changes everything in regards to the shape of the defense.

Yeah, definitely.

Also, the defence when you went back there wouldn't exactly have been thbe most experienced with playing beside each other.

So, don't mind the goals that went in, these games from here in on are all about having a look at people in different positions, and getting lads to know each other.
    Its also difficult when you dont know what positions your team mates are playing in.

Agreed, but I knew what I wanted, and I was happy with what I saw tonight from everybody :)
    Cheers for the run out though Des.

Happy to.
    p.s what a corner, eh ? :P

lol

Fair enough, but you could have been the best corner taker in the world, and we'd never have known.

Now we know you are the worst :D

Only joking dude, practice, practice, practice.

See you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DesF wrote: »
    Howya.

Keep coming out, I liked what I saw :)

The only to get fit is to keep playing.

Yeah, definitely.

Also, the defence when you went back there wouldn't exactly have been thbe most experienced with playing beside each other.

So, don't mind the goals that went in, these games from here in on are all about having a look at people in different positions, and getting lads to know each other.

Agreed, but I knew what I wanted, and I was happy with what I saw tonight from everybody :)

Happy to.

lol

Fair enough, but you could have been the best corner taker in the world, and we'd never have known.

Now we know you are the worst :D

Only joking dude, practice, practice, practice.

See you again?

Yeah I'll deffo keep coming. I'm normally good at corners, I swear! R2 & circle isnt it ? :D

Good point on Keith, where the hell did he disappear to - Des have you heard from him at all?

Still posting on boards anyway. So it's not like he's in jail or anything :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

DesF wrote: »
    How are you Jules?

Doing alright but its a much more serious op to get over than I was expecting. Total of 60cm deep internal cuts on one leg, it has swelled, bruised and scarred like a mofo and theres a bit of an infection so I'm on antibiotics, but I'm starting to be able to put a little bit of weight on it and the physio is coming along reasonably well. He reckons my right quads have faded by almost an inch, calf by about 1/2 inch at least, so there's going to be some serious rebuilding of the leg required but for the moment the wounds are still healing so we can only push it so far for the moment.

Hoping to make it to watch one of the games next week, but to be honest, if I play a game in July it'll be a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    So it's not like he's in jail or anything :D

Come on now...don't be ridiculous :pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I could be posting from jail! I just have some stuff going on right now that needs my full attention on Tuesday nights, sorry for letting you guys down.

You'll be glad to know that this time around, it has nothing to do with boats :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Draupnir wrote: »
    I could be posting from jail! I just have some stuff going on right now that needs my full attention on Tuesday nights, sorry for letting you guys down.

You'll be glad to know that this time around, it has nothing to do with boats :D

fair play Keith, no-one thought you were in jail. ............. :pac::pac:

Hope to see ya back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

pvt.joker wrote: »
    fair play Keith, no-one thought you were in jail.
    ^^^ he don't speak for all of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

are u coming back keith? we were pretty short in defence last night, it was very close to sav being in center half :eek::eek::D

also, Des, we are not showing up as having won last night on the league table:confused:? we will stay 7th for a few more weeks, but 6th is well achieveable and then 5th, though that would need a mammoth catch up to them.however, 3 points next week and results going our way would see us 1 point off 6th and 6 off 5th and we still play both of those team and they also play each other, so its defo possible. 5th would not be a bad return after the last 2 months of injuries and absentees.

also, Des, we are not showing up as having won last night on the league table:confused:?
    Is for me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

are u coming back keith? we were pretty short in defence last night, it was very close to sav being in center half :eek::eek::D
    Feck arse. What is it with you and this damn campaign :p

also, Des, we are not showing up as having won last night on the league table:confused:? we will stay 7th for a few more weeks, but 6th is well achieveable and then 5th, though that would need a mammoth catch up to them.however, 3 points next week and results going our way would see us 1 point off 6th and 6 off 5th and we still play both of those team and they also play each other, so its defo possible. 5th would not be a bad return after the last 2 months of injuries and absentees.
    Ed, now more than ever, one game at a time eh?

Advertisement