Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Jobs in Australia for an MCSE / CCNA

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

It looks to me you are serious about networking then and you are going around it the right way. Just be prepared to lock your self in a room with some cisco routers/switchs for a few years after you do your CCNP. ;)

Having a goal of being a CCIE is very reasonable but having the knowledge to back it all up is just as or more important then the 4 letters. I would love to be a CCIE in 10 yers time but right now i just want to take the next step and see how it goes. I certinaly dont want to be a MS head all my life and comms seems to be a better long term option for me.

Im planning to head to OZ soon aswell, well im actually going to NZ in 5 months then OZ about 18 months after that. Certs might get you the interview but ill be relying on my own expereince on the job to get me work not just "I have cert x/y, give me a job!" Maybe my tone was too hard but its just a warning to others who place too much emphasis on papers certs, as I know a lot of that goes on.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

jank wrote: »
    It looks to me you are serious about networking then and you are going around it the right way. Just be prepared to lock your self in a room with some cisco routers/switchs for a few years after you do your CCNP. ;)

Having a goal of being a CCIE is very reasonable but having the knowledge to back it all up is just as or more important then the 4 letters. I would love to be a CCIE in 10 yers time but right now i just want to take the next step and see how it goes. I certinaly dont want to be a MS head all my life and comms seems to be a better long term option for me.

Im planning to head to OZ soon aswell, well im actually going to NZ in 5 months then OZ about 18 months after that. Certs might get you the interview but ill be relying on my own expereince on the job to get me work not just "I have cert x/y, give me a job!" Maybe my tone was too hard but its just a warning to others who place too much emphasis on papers certs, as I know a lot of that goes on.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.

+1

Locking myself in the room already!

I love every second of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Michael Cusacks

Hi there, we are a GAA Club based in Sydney and one of our major sponsors is Solutech IT Recruitment which is run by an Irish guy. You can check out the jobs they have on offer at www.solutec.com.au or drop them an email at info@solutec.com.au with OZ related IT Job questions and i'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

are there good opportunities for I.T graduates out there who would have little or no work experience do ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Timmy_d wrote: »
    are there good opportunities for I.T graduates out there who would have little or no work experience do ya think?

Not really unless you want some donkey work, (assuming you are talking about IT work).

Graduates usually need to be trained up in 'real work skills' (depending on what area you are in).

• Advertisement
Advertisement