Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination:friend or foe?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ulysses1

What people should consider about national vaccine programs is their effectiveness. It should be said that most doctors these days are avid proponents of vaccines. What people seem to forget, is that doctors are extrememly busy people. It's safe to say, that the only people truely informed on vaccine therapy are those who concoct them and those medical experts who are funded to trial vaccines. In scientific fields, it's all too easy to sway professional opinion with funding. Many doctors simply do not have time to read every article depicting the dangers of vaccines.

What I haven't seen mentioned and which should be considered, is the dramatic fall in numbers of illnesses in the developed world which the very vaccines were created to prevent. The problem with this is, these diseases fell markedly even before vaccine programs were around. Such evidence may be circumstantial but what should be remembered here is that vaccines were not responsible for the rapid decline -- nutrition, hygiene and general awareness were.

Thimerisol is still being used in vaccines today (despite calls for its ban) and other preservatives containing heavy metals are prevalent. This was a bad idea from the start but those in for profit (Merck et al.) simply don't give a damn. You'd be daft if you think they do.

From the days of Jenner, vaccines were a novel idea but sadly these days, they are superfluous and may indeed be more damaging than good. The only vaccine I had was for 'flu one year and a day later I 'caught' the worst dose of it I've ever suffered. Safe to say it'll be my last and my children's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

ulysses1 wrote: »
    What people should consider about national vaccine programs is their effectiveness. It should be said that most doctors these days are avid proponents of vaccines. What people seem to forget, is that doctors are extrememly busy people. It's safe to say, that the only people truely informed on vaccine therapy are those who concoct them and those medical experts who are funded to trial vaccines. In scientific fields, it's all too easy to sway professional opinion with funding. Many doctors simply do not have time to read every article depicting the dangers of vaccines.

What I haven't seen mentioned and which should be considered, is the dramatic fall in numbers of illnesses in the developed world which the very vaccines were created to prevent. The problem with this is, these diseases fell markedly even before vaccine programs were around. Such evidence may be circumstantial but what should be remembered here is that vaccines were not responsible for the rapid decline -- nutrition, hygiene and general awareness were.

Thimerisol is still being used in vaccines today (despite calls for its ban) and other preservatives containing heavy metals are prevalent. This was a bad idea from the start but those in for profit (Merck et al.) simply don't give a damn. You'd be daft if you think they do.

From the days of Jenner, vaccines were a novel idea but sadly these days, they are superfluous and may indeed be more damaging than good. The only vaccine I had was for 'flu one year and a day later I 'caught' the worst dose of it I've ever suffered. Safe to say it'll be my last and my children's.

Since you're rehashing whats already been claimed I refer you to r3nu4ls excellent post.

Advertisement