Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Guinness Hoodie for the first 50 who reply to Guinness email

Options
  • 21-06-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

For those of you who have signed up to Guinness alerts check your email fast.
    Message sent 21/06/08 at 10:08am

Dear XXX,

It doesn't get much better than a cool pint of Guinness® Draught on a long summer evening. Summer is well and truly here and those long summer evenings don't get any longer than this.

Today is the summer solstice, Ireland's longest day, and that means more time to get together with your mates and enjoy a cool pint of Guinness Draught. But the best bit is that after Friday has whet your appetite, who knows where the weekend could take you.

Whether you hit Galway's west coast for the brilliant beaches, plan to catch a concert in Cork or are just staying local to catch up with friends, your favourite pint will be there waiting. And because we know that as the sun finally begins to set, your night is only beginning, we've got 50 Guinness® summer hoodies to keep you warm long after the stars come out.

For a chance of winning one, email your name and address to tom@guinness.com now. The first 50 who get in touch will get the exclusive Guinness hoodie.

Good Luck,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Yeah, just saw this myself a few minutes ago. Got mine in. Fair play to them - they're taking good care of us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Good stuff Manster! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Thanks Manster.

I wonder do you have to be signed up to the alerts to be eligable?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Probably but sure try anyway. Dumb priest...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

got the email myself and replied about 5 mins ago..

did u get a mail back to say u got one? I havent yet...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I got an email back saying "hard luck, you would have won, cept someone posted the information on a public forum so your chances plummeted" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got mine in as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Sent mine too. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭shalom

Thanks op. Checked my e-mail and replied.

S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Just mailed. I'd be surprised if i hit top 50 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sent one there,be sirprised if I get it as well though!

Heh, I got the e-mail but I didn't read it since it's pissing rain out and it said 'make the most of the summer evenings' so I just clicked out of it - just sent it in now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Must be great being the likes of Guinness and Jack Daniels where people will usually actually BUY this kind of gear and advertise for them. Can't imagine people buying Dettol or Avonmore hoodies:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

excellent offer, just mailed back now, say im too late but fingers crossed/ Guinness have the best offers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Myth wrote: »
    Heh, I got the e-mail but I didn't read it since it's pissing rain out and it said 'make the most of the summer evenings' so I just clicked out of it - just sent it in now :)

LOL me too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Maybe im just paranoid lol,but is this a way for them to check who has already received a free offer etc and so eliminate them from the new one .Feel free to move to conspiracy theories lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea got the email myself, and just by chance read the last bit of it, replied under 30 mins of gettin the email. didn't get any reply yet though,has anyone else? also how did he know you knew about it offa message board? are you not registered/signed up for it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

just realised that I spelt the email wrong, didn't put two "n"'s into the guinness word. guess I'm wrll too late now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Damn too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I only replied to mine at about 12:50!

:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Wonder when we find out if we're gonna get one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Just checked the T&C and it does not say that winners will be notified.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

replied to mine at 11ish, i doubt ill get one, but either way, with the amount of decent free stuff i've gotten off guinness i can hardly complain:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Chanced my arm there, cheers op.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mossyd

got my mail in just before 12 .. little hope being rested on this one..

But, has to be said, fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I was banking on the number of being awake that early being a low number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Grawns wrote: »
    Just checked the T&C and it does not say that winners will be notified.

I'd assume winners would be offered a choice of sizes though? Only checked my emails at 11 so probably didn't get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Wonder when we find out if we're gonna get one :confused:
    Probably won't know. Just checked terms and conditions and it mentions nothing about notification. Only to allow 28 days for delivery...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Just got an email saying I wasn't quick enough:( did anyone manage to win one?

Advertisement