Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does is cost.....?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

kick-on wrote: »
    i love my berney!!!!!!!!!! dunno bout the chair seat because i ride real /too short:eek:.

I used to ride really short in my berney until I bought a synthetic saddle, I've now started riding really long in it cos it gives me such a different seat and its a GP too!
    Few of my friends have ridden in my synthetic and they say its waaay more comfortable than the berney.

Still you can't beat a berney, I keep mine for shows now as the synthetic looks very funny and isn't quite smart enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

I bought my first horse 5 years ago-i live in Dublin and don't have any relations with farms nearby. the cost of livery over a couple of months easily equated to what I had paid for the horse. Was in full livery for a good few years- went in cost from around 80 a week a few years ago up to 120 and more recently in the yards near me; so moved horse onto grass livery now and paying 60- is good sand arena there and includes supplementary feed- not cheap for grass, but no land is near dublin.
    One word of caution- within weeks of me buying the horse I had a bad run of luck and ended up paying the vet nearly 2,000 in 6 months - colic, followed by fall on road, followed by an unrelated infection- you need a reserve of cash for when things go wrong. Also you'll need tansport if you want to get out and about- a horsebox is not something you can skimp on as safety and a good floor and brakes are essential.
    My advice is go for it, I never regretting getting into the horsey game as an adult and my mare is brillant fun - but get some savings together first; not just the cost of the horse itself.

Advertisement