Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spooky Nocturnal Goings on...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

OMG im never gonna sleep now!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

c-90 wrote: »
    OMG im never gonna sleep now!!!!!!

At least you are in the right place!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shadow people!!!!!!

Shadow people!!!!!!

You ever see them? it's quite an unnerving experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You mean things in the dark that look like people or something?

• Advertisement

are they jus shadows or do they actually look like people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Love this thread. Bought a 2 year old house in 1995 nobody else would touch as was built on the site of a knocked down old house(haunted i was told).
    Was in the house for 5 years before selling up and moving to my own part of the world. In these 5 years in house we would turn telly off with remote at night but about a dozen times in them 5 years, the tv came on in middle of night itself(might be reason for this, i dont know). We still have same tv in our house now of 8 years and has never came on once by itself!!!!
    Same house, inside doors banged twice on the calmest nights you could get, strange..

You mean things in the dark that look like people or something?

It's slightly different but yes often you see them in the dark.

Effectively you see a silhoutte of a person, black, usually out of the corner of your eye. but not always.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Unfortunately have not seen them, would love to!

Unfortunately have not seen them, would love to!

Usually accompianied by an unshakable feeling of dread, did I mention that?

They look damn real but I do think its the brain trying to sort out conflicting signals by turning them into something humanoid.

• Advertisement

Ah dread. :-p
    You only live once, gotta see these things. They sounds pretty cool from wiki, sure they scare a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Ok reading this thread while in a big deserted office on my own was a bad idea!!

:eek:

Ah dread. :-p
    You only live once, gotta see these things. They sounds pretty cool from wiki, sure they scare a lot of people.

Well you look around and suddenly you see something thats just wrong and out of place and it seems like they are looking at and following you... you eventually get used to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Loads of things! Little things happen all the time that are a bit creepy or weird. My own fault - sort of a hobby :rolleyes:

Scariest thing to ever happen to me though was when I was a kid I had a friend over for the night, we were sitting in my room giggling like school girls (coz thats what we were!) when I heard a baby cry. Very distinctive newborn baby, really really loud, just under my bedroom window. I went white, my friend couldn't hear it, so it was not a fox. I was so scared I almost got sick!

My dad swears that a few months after his uncle died that he woke up one night and there he was sitting at the end of the bed. They had a grand chat, the uncle knew things that had happened since he'd died, advised him to sell a particular greyhound, talked about extended family. After an hour or so the uncle stood up and said 'I'm off now and I won't be back' . He gave dad a religious medal, something he would do when alive. Dad went back to sleep, next morning he woke up and freaked. There was a religious medal on the bedside locker that he swears wasn't there the night before.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh remind me of another thing that happened. A friend of mine died young, we were very close and during one conversation he told me that whoever died first would come back and let the other know they were ok. Seeing as how at the time he said this he was planning his death, he was serious about it.

2 months after he died I had a dream that we were sitting on a roof top, that there was a party happening in slow motion around us. Sparks were falling out of the sky, like fireworks, or stars. All very surreal.

We had a conversation, I don't remember what it was about, but I remember it was very difficult. The only thing I do remember was him saying sorry and handing me a rose. I woke up feeling like I had been crying for days.

At the time I was moving house, everything was in boxes except for my bedclothes as I was being picked up the next morning and was ready to go.

When I woke up a rose was sitting on the side of my bed. :(

Oh remind me of another thing that happened. A friend of mine died young, we were very close and during one conversation he told me that whoever died first would come back and let the other know they were ok. Seeing as how at the time he said this he was planning his death, he was serious about it.

2 months after he died I had a dream that we were sitting on a roof top, that there was a party happening in slow motion around us. Sparks were falling out of the sky, like fireworks, or stars. All very surreal.

We had a conversation, I don't remember what it was about, but I remember it was very difficult. The only thing I do remember was him saying sorry and handing me a rose. I woke up feeling like I had been crying for days.

At the time I was moving house, everything was in boxes except for my bedclothes as I was being picked up the next morning and was ready to go.

When I woke up a rose was sitting on the side of my bed. :(

:)

I think they do come back. I lost my brother a year and a half ago and there have been some things that have happened since that lets me know he's ok. Won't go into it now, still too close to the bone.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Shadow People eh? 5 Boardsies are off to Waverly Hills Sanatorium next May and that place is meant to be well know for them: https://www.prairieghosts.com/waverly_tb.html

6th wrote: »
    Shadow People eh? 5 Boardsies are off to Waverly Hills Sanatorium next May and that place is meant to be well know for them: https://www.prairieghosts.com/waverly_tb.html

Really? If any threads start up on that, would you send us a quick pm?

Interested, for obvious reasons.

6th wrote: »

I think I saw a reality TV programme on that place where some local high school girls spent a night there. Scared Sh**less they were. Don't know if its the same place but it looks like it.

• Advertisement

No thread up for it really as its seperate from Boards. We (PIGs) have been invited over by an American group. Gonna take a week and do a few more investigations while we are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I had sex with a ghost, it was very messy as there was a lot of ectoplasm left over

I have proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

a fewmore weird things that have happened

Dad had to collect a dead body from a house years ago and went upstairs no problem came down to get something and met priest both went upstairs together couldnt get further then 2 steps he sais he felt something like heavy pressure on his chest preventing him from getting further and the same with priest. When priest went outside Dad was able to get up the stairs no problem.

Also when people used to call to his house they used to see a cande coming down the stairs but noone would be in. When he used to stay in the house he would lock all the doors before bed and next morning they would be unlocked but he was only one there

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

So THATS what they are called...Shadow People!! never knew this, but yes i have seen them many times alright, but i usually dont pay much attention these days as i somehow do see things that shouldnt be, i've heard stuff associated with spirits and seen lots of orbs around where i live. Have seen spirits when i was younger and caught a glimpse of the local banshee called The Green Lady, located at the 40 steps on the original city walls down where i live.

This stuff doesnt scare me, but really interests me. Any scared ladies can just hold onto me if they like :p

All these folks interested in Ghosties and yet you dont use the paranormal forum? I better see you all at the convention in October!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

...YOU'RE ALL CRAZED!!!!!

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I love all of this stuff. Well ghosts, not so much aliens as I've never even come close to seeing one. lol They mustn't like me!! :p

I'm actually a little apprehensive about posting my experinces. It'll make me look nuts!!! :D

But I have posted stuff in the paranormal forum before, so the regulars there would have read them. (I hope :o)

:cool:

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I love all of this stuff. Well ghosts, not so much aliens as I've never even come close to seeing one. lol They mustn't like me!! :p

I'm actually a little apprehensive about posting my experinces. It'll make me look nuts!!! :D

But I have posted stuff in the paranormal forum before, so the regulars there would have read them. (I hope :o)

:cool:

a go on:), nothin can be more crazy than "shadow people" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

I think its safe to say i wont be sleepin tonight.....too scared to turn around now....

• Advertisement
Advertisement