Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VATSIM/VATEIR

Options
  • 13-06-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi all so whos on Vatsim/Vateir? I just joined up, its daunting at first but i flew there from EIDW and overshot EINN and RTB EIDW in my Harrier T10, brilliant fun, really cool listening to so many online doing the same as me, just wondering who is on it from here and when is it at its busiest?? Also i REALLY need to buy me a headset, typing aint gonna fly with me anymore too annoying/confusing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I would be a certain vateir controller ;)

In the last fortnight or so its been very quiet.....probably as theres a fair few people doing exams at the minute

The peak time is at night obviously

If you're new to it I'd advise you load up in one of the regionals in a Cessna and do circuits, its probably the fastest way to learn......would also recommend sitting on the ground just listening to ATC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Welcome Steyr!
    Yea I'm a controller and pilot on it. I control in Shannon and Galway.
    Ah I remember you, last night wasn't it? I took the pc9 for a spin up to Carnmore!
    Yea, a headset is vital, doesn't need to be anything fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

darragh-k wrote: »
    Welcome Steyr!
    Yea I'm a controller and pilot on it. I control in Shannon and Galway.
    Ah I remember you, last night wasn't it? I took the pc9 for a spin up to Carnmore!
    Yea, a headset is vital, doesn't need to be anything fancy.

Last night i flew and EI Airbus A320, then a Harrier T10!.:)

I would be a certain vateir controller ;)

In the last fortnight or so its been very quiet.....probably as theres a fair few people doing exams at the minute

The peak time is at night obviously

If you're new to it I'd advise you load up in one of the regionals in a Cessna and do circuits, its probably the fastest way to learn......would also recommend sitting on the ground just listening to ATC

Neon whats your real name? Be nice to say hi!!

Steyr wrote: »
    Neon whats your real name? Be nice to say hi!!

I couldnt be releasin tha highly confidential information onto teh internetz :pac::D

• Advertisement

So roll call! Who on these forums actually flies online? Be it with VATeir/VATsim or IVAO...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

howdy lads i do a bit of online flying but never used vateir i usually use simfly.eu but should be fun to fly soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

So roll call! Who on these forums actually flies online? Be it with VATeir/VATsim or IVAO...

I think I do! Not quite sure with who though!

me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Hi there, i do a bit of vitual flying in the fsx multiplayer gamespy sessions, and do a lot of flying on Gatwick vitual on the UK

• Advertisement

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    and do a lot of flying on Gatwick virtual on the UK

Ah those were the days! i thought they all had a big fight and shut that down ages ago? They must have started it up again because after that happened I started on VATsim and never looked back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Ah those were the days! i thought they all had a big fight and shut that down ages ago? They must have started it up again because after that happened I started on VATsim and never looked back.....

yes there were fights and splits, but Gatwick Virtual Airlines is the new one (well its being going for about 9 or 10 months now) the old one was Gatwick Air.

whats the story with the irish Vatsim? how do you setup to fly? i think you need fsinn or something for FSX?
    i tried registering on their forum a while back, but i was rejected from registering with the forum for some reason so i decided against going any further with them and joined GA (then GVA)

VATeir is the Irish VATSIM VACC....for FS9 use sqwawkbox or FSinn for FSX (works with 9 too)

You dont need to register on the forum to fly :P

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    yes there were fights and splits, but Gatwick Virtual Airlines is the new one (well its being going for about 9 or 10 months now) the old one was Gatwick Air.

whats the story with the irish Vatsim? how do you setup to fly? i think you need fsinn or something for FSX?
    i tried registering on their forum a while back, but i was rejected from registering with the forum for some reason so i decided against going any further with them and joined GA (then GVA)

Ah good, what was your username on it?Might remember you:) And who runs it these days? It was Richiboi back in my day!

As for VATeir, look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055259843 and you will have all the details, you will need fsinn, not squawkbox for fsx.

started using vateir and vatsim since last post makes it feel like im in work but now in the virtual sence great work on it lads keep up the good work

Think I saw you flying last night (and tonight) andy_g

You using the PMDG 738?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

A few questions about this. I registered and logged on at Heathrow. I noticed that aircraft parked & taxied on the grass a lot. I think its because I'm using FSX and the AFCAD is different. Is it?. I also am seeing the multilayer aircraft move in a very jerky manner (my FPS is fine) and the models look extremely crude with landing gear usually always down. Not smoothly at all. Is all this normal?

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    A few questions about this. I registered and logged on at Heathrow. I noticed that aircraft parked & taxied on the grass a lot. I think its because I'm using FSX and the AFCAD is different. Is it?. I also am seeing the multilayer aircraft move in a very jerky manner (my FPS is fine) and the models look extremely crude with landing gear usually always down. Not smoothly at all. Is all this normal?

With regards to aircraft on the grass its due to them possibly having the Aerosoft Heathrow scenery, it varies greatly from the default

Unfortunately so. Movement of other aircraft is very erratic. You can update those models using ones from avsim if you know what you're doing, I might try it sometime myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Ah good, what was your username on it?Might remember you:) And who runs it these days? It was Richiboi back in my day!

lol Darragh you'd swear you were an old man :p

lol Darragh you'd swear you were an old man :p

Did it take you that long to come up with that one A***?:p:D
    Ah it was a long time ago though it must be said...

• Advertisement

Did it take you that long to come up with that one A***?:p:D
    Ah it was a long time ago though it must be said...

:) I Just read the thread that time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Hey all. I installed fsinn and copilot for fsx but fsx crashes at start when they are installed. Is there something im not doing right? I just install the two, co pilot first. Also what would be the right format for a callsign? Im registered with vatsim. Spot the newb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I'm not sure FSInn is FSX compatible.

FSinn is compatible with FSX, are you sure you got the spec to run the two in the first place? There are better guys on here than me to help you out but you could also try the new version of Squawkbox, its much nicer to use than FSinn IMO :) For the callsign its up to you, EI-DLG, EI-MCF, EI-NFW, REA36G, EIN184, EIN522 etc. etc.

I might try squawkbox and see how I get on. I should have the specs, its running on q6700 quad with 4Gb RAM, Vista ultimate 64bit. I have a 256mb ATI 1300 but going upgrading that soon. Thanks.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Hey all. I installed fsinn and copilot for fsx but fsx crashes at start when they are installed. Is there something im not doing right? I just install the two, co pilot first. Also what would be the right format for a callsign? Im registered with vatsim. Spot the newb!

Sqwawkbox 4 for FSX is now available

Ok squawkbox 4 installed fine. I just need to get my mic calibrated and Im good to go. Im just going to sit in an airport and listen to ATC to get a feel for whats going on before doing a few circuits.

Good idea, tell the atc your new and we will accomodate you and help you out. Also, don't do circuits in Dublin, do it in a regional or maybe Cork or Shannon because its too busy there. Welcome to VATeir anyway and I hope to see you on the scopes soon! As for the callsign, for vfr you can use something like EI-XXX and for commercial it depends on the airline ie. REAXXX or EINXXX

:)

Good idea, tell the atc your new and we will accomodate you and help you out. Also, don't do circuits in Dublin, do it in a regional or maybe Cork or Shannon because its too busy there. Welcome to VATeir anyway and I hope to see you on the scopes soon! As for the callsign, for vfr you can use something like EI-XXX and for commercial it depends on the airline ie. REAXXX or EINXXX

:)

Cheers for the help Darragh, Ill probably start with a few circuits at EIKN as its my local or EICM, and then maybe a vfr between the two.

• Advertisement

hey neon yeah been on the past few nights im using the default 738 at the moment but gunna change over to my good ole dash 8 hehe should be on later flying. when is the best time to log onto the server seen only a few ppl online aot at dub the other night though

Advertisement