Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't foreigners drive properly !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Do you not think it's just a tad general and vague?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ojewriej wrote: »
    Here you don't need to pass a driving test at all to get on the road, so how can it be lower somewhere else? Thanks to this system you have plenty of drivers on the road who never had a driving lesson.

In Poland you have to do a course - 20 hours of driving with an instructor, and 5 hours of theory, before you can even take the test. That's a minimum.
    And on average it takes 3 tries to pass the test. It's similar in other mainland countries as far as i know.

+1

Ireland and the story of the person who drives to their driving test with a provisional licence, fails the test and then drives home, is still a great laugh for most of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Dudess wrote: »
    Do you not think it's just a tad general and vague?
    no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Firstly having only come back from the uk a couple of weeks ago they are better drivers.

second Irish drivers are **** so they cannot complain

third the state of the roads is a joke considering the taxes that are paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Firstly having only come back from the uk a couple of weeks ago they are better drivers.

second Irish drivers are **** so they cannot complain

Are you foreign?

Now! Dont lie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All of the cars in Ireland are foreign (unless there are any survivors from the long-dead Ford factory), so it's logical that they should only be driven by foreigners. Whadya think?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

KINGofHEARTS - Im with you on this one. Im far from racist however, I will be the first to say I have yet to have seen a black male/female drive coherently on irish roads. Call it generalisation all you want but im telling the truth coming from my perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Practical wrote: »
    KINGofHEARTS - Im with you on this one. Im far from racist however, I will be the first to say I have yet to have seen a black male/female drive coherently on irish roads. Call it generalisation all you want but im telling the truth coming from my perspective.

I have yet to see a female of any colour drive coherently on any roads:D

(Ducks and runs for cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Im not racist but if I had my way I'd murder every foreigner for being from a foreign country, how dare they, it really boils my blood when people are born in other countries.

EO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

f8ckin fast lane my hole.

You want us to 'fast lane your hole' ?

Could get messy....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Ponster wrote: »
    You want us to 'fast lane your hole' ?

Could get messy....

Hey how did you quote me? I didn't leave any message here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd sympathise if he were talking about Egyptians, they're fúcking mental drivers and ones I don't want to encounter on our roads...ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Asians can't drive for sh1t. Fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Mrs Carberry: Feckin' Greeks!

COLM: It isn't the Greeks, it's the Asians he's after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I agree totally. Every day I think to myself, "These bloody foreigners can't drive to save their lives" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Let me get this right, someone from a country where any idiot can drive around without passing a driving test, where hundreds of people a year are killed because they haven't a clue how to drive, is giving out about foreign drivers? LMAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Yeap foreigners cant drive.Im sick and tired of Paddy Hennesey always winning the F1 world drivers championship and Micheal O' Dea becoming the world rally driving champion again and Paul O'Reilly becoming the Moto GP world champion and ...Oh thats right..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Let me get this right, someone from a country where any idiot can drive around without passing a driving test, where hundreds of people a year are killed because they haven't a clue how to drive, is giving out about foreign drivers? LMAO.

+1

There are an awful lot of sh!t drivers in Ireland...don't be blaming foreigners FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Quoted for feckin TRUTH! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol yes I dont know how to drive because I said "slow lane" well done to pick up on that major flaw in my life, I must sort it out

so your saying not knowing the right terminology for something makes you an idiot ???

No, I said that you saying you don't know the difference between the two lanes on a motorway suggests that you're one of these people who think the overtaking lane is their personal roadspace, irregardless of other road users. That doesn't mean you don't know how to drive, it simply means that you don't know how to use the road...

Where did I say I knew the right term for everything?
    But if I'm going to argue a point, I'll damn well make sure and have my facts together before I start mouthing off...
    dodgyme wrote: »
    no dont bother sorting it out. I call it slow/fast lane too and will continue too as long as sad f*ckers have to put the caveat that it (in squeezy nerdy voice) should be referred to as the overtaking lane before they will address the issue you are talking about.

WTF? I adressed the OP's "issue"...but I called him out on his part about the "slow" lane since there's no such thing. I suppose I can bunch you in with the OP and every other overtaking lane hogger in the country then.
    You think that's nerdish? My god, imagine, using the right names for things you're talking about, what's the world coming to...
    Sad f*cker? Touché. Learn how to use the road; you can go fast in either lane, not just the one on the right...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wertz wrote: »
    No, I said that you saying you don't know the difference between the two lanes on a motorway suggests that you're one of these people who think the overtaking lane is their personal roadspace, irregardless of other road users. That doesn't mean you don't know how to drive, it simply means that you don't know how to use the road...

But if I'm going to argue a point, I'll damn well make sure and have my facts together before I start mouthing off...

WTF? I adressed the OP's "issue"...but I called him out on his part about the "slow" lane since there's no such thing. I suppose I can bunch you in with the OP and every other overtaking lane hogger in the country then.
    You think that's nerdish? My god, imagine, using the right names for things you're talking about, what's the world coming to...
    Sad f*cker? Touché. Learn how to use the road; you can go fast in either lane, not just the one on the right...
    +1

I have to laugh at people referring to the overtaking lane as the "fast" lane. The greatest thing about it though is that these are the same people who'll be racking up the penalty points and being taken off the roads :)

Not to mention when gatsos will be privatised and we see them pop up everywhere, that will be such a good day.

Wertz wrote: »

Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If anything I consider the driving lane to be the "fast" lane...since the overtaking lane is usually bumper to bumper with people doing 100kmh.

As for RB's take on penalty points? When they start handing them out to lane hoggers, that stagnate the progress of every roaduser behind them, rather than to people doing a perfectly safe speed (above the limit) on a decent stretch of straight tarmac built for speeds well in excess of the posted limit, then I'll welcome them.
    Sorry RB but private speed cameras are going to be another utter joke in a long running comedy of errors on Irish roads...what makes you think that private GATSOs are going to do anything other than make a packet for the private contractors involved in their running?

Rb wrote: »
    +1

I have to laugh at people referring to the overtaking lane as the "fast" lane. The greatest thing about it though is that these are the same people who'll be racking up the penalty points and being taken off the roads :)

Not to mention when gatsos will be privatised and we see them pop up everywhere, that will be such a good day.

Theres some private motorists group that have a website giving statistics and the like for fatalities on our roads. A very small percentage of them are actually on the type of roads the gatso's will be on. Dunno the website but if your interested I'd imagine you'll find it quite easily.

I also know but am not on expert that in the UK the gatso's are more a revenue generating tool than anything.

So Gay's basically full of sh*te.

dodgyme wrote: »
    really I just thought he was being descriptive. I just looked the word up in dictionary.com
    here is the first description there

"of, pertaining to, or derived from another country or nation; not native: foreign cars."

it stand to reason that after ten years of migration to ireland quite a few people driving on our roads are foreign. Maybe not 6.2 billion people.?
    No. The OP has had a few bad experiences (apparently - he can only describe one) with drivers who are "foreign" - i.e. not white and/or not a native English speaker (guaranteed he's not including English people, Scottish people, Welsh people, Americans, Canadians, Aussies or Kiwis) and he's throwing them all into the one category - "foreign". Not only that, the language he uses implies that ALL those who are his idea of "foreign" can't drive properly.
    That is not only a ludicrous generalisation, it is also exceptionally dumb.

I don't know how they drive in Africa but they wanna fuukin snap happy on the roads over here, how are they even let on the roads
    Hmmm... Africa's a BIG place.
    and you know by looking at them that they are foreign

polish for example, spot them a mile away, nothing wrong with them ... just a fact that you know one as soon as you see them
    LMAO - this is gold!
    I have been cut up a good few times by foreigners and just thought I'd post it here as to why it always seems to be them
    Always seems to be "them" - "them" being foreigners. Your posts are really, really stupid.
    FruitLover wrote: »
    See, black women drive like this: ba-doom-doom-cha, ba-doom-doom-cha, and white women drive like this: dee-di-dee-di-dee, dee-di-dee...
    LOL
    Brilliant!
    this woman WAS FOREIGN... without a doubt, one of those big clourful dresses and hats to match, hardly the apparell of a dubliner
    A Dubliner being a white, Irish person... Ah, I get it.
    Practical wrote: »
    KINGofHEARTS - Im with you on this one. Im far from racist however, I will be the first to say I have yet to have seen a black male/female drive coherently on irish roads. Call it generalisation all you want but im telling the truth coming from my perspective
    Well you're not really agreeing with the OP since he said "foreigners" not black people - or is there no difference...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

+1

I'm French and I cover about 600/800miles a week in this country, I can tell you Irish people really don't have a clue about driving. I mean people don't know about mirrors, indicators out to go round a roundabout...

Some Irish people. But yeah, there are maniac drivers among us Irish.

OP, did you ever consider that you've encountered lunatic Irish drivers too, it's just that you notice the foreign ones more?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anytime I seem to get cut off while driving its ALWAYS by foreigners, last week some black woman sauntering along in the slow lane comes straight in on top of me in the fast lane, no indicator, no look...nothing, I jammed on and skidded to about 2 feet of her car (which was already full of dents) I pulled along side her at the next lights and she's lookin at me as if nothing happened and she hadn't just nearly caused a major crash

honestly, whats the story with these eejits, where did they learn to drive and how on earth did they get a license, I don't know how they drive in Africa but they wanna fuukin snap happy on the roads over here, how are they even let on the roads
    Replace "foreigner" with "skanger", and "black" with "L Driver". Same result.

=-=

elmolesto: a lot of people passing their tests aren't thought how to overtake, or about going fast on a motorway...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Irish drivers are really bad compared to the UK / Continent.
    I mean really bad.

Almost no curtsey is shown when it comes helping the progress of others. Stuff like most drivers block the overtaking lane. Most drivers not indicating at roundabouts. Blatent misuse of junction boxes, what other country needs to paint junction boxes on a roundabout that's 20 ft in diameter ! And no one seems to have a clue how to use a merging/acceleration lane.

I haven't seen as many women in African dress travelling at 15-20mph and looking completely bewildered with kangaroo petrol as I used to. Then again I go a different route to work now.

And what about the culchies ??

Guards are supposed to be doing a clamp down on L-Drivers and mobile phones and other stuff next week. <yawn> it's not like they are going to nail 1 in 10 drivers , which would be dead easy if you enforced every penatly point offence, like the one about driving over hatched white lines.

Advertisement