Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you made a call in a phone box?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yesterday. My mobile ran out of battery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I've done some bad things in phone boxes.

Can't remember ever making a call in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Getting missions in Grand theft auto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Any of the ones around the house in Ireland are not working anymore. I've seen one of the traditional red boxes that used to be common in London in front of an English themed restaurant not far from where I live though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Many Eircom phone boxes around the city are now transmitting wifi free of charge up to 50 Meters. This means that you can now use many of the new generation skipe compatible mobile phones and chat globally for free or next to nothing. If this was twenty years ago there would have been a Q of about 100 yards long from outside the phone pox. http://irishgeeks.com/2008/02/09/eircom-hotspots/

• Advertisement
Advertisement