Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From the past

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,412 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not to mention the asbestos which was all over the place, hence the reason why the site had to be so well protected when it did eventually come down.... but hey if asbestos ridden ruins are something you're into :rolleyes:

yeah, i remember the actual building was taken down brick by brick....

they blew the tower up... i remember it vividly...i watched from Bishopswood... i always remember seeing the dust explosion before hearing the boom... and then feeling a little shake in the ground.... deadly...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

sydthebeat wrote: »
    they blew the tower up... i remember it vividly...i watched from Bishopswood... i always remember seeing the dust explosion before hearing the boom... and then feeling a little shake in the ground.... deadly...

I saw them blowing up the 2 towers in Rode, Co. Offally. Had my own video of it but unfortunately lost it when my computer died last year. but found it on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

For the demolition of the tower I was at the Peoples Park, as there was a pretty good vantage point from there. My recollection of it was much the same as Syds, Boom.... small shudder... then it fell into itself like it had been made from Lego.... albeit very very dusty lego (without the colours... before anybody stick that in). God it was great. Louis Melia I think was interviewed by RTE about it, as he had penned a (very bad) poem / song to mark the occasion.... Thinking back on the whole hyped up day, it was like something out of an episode of Fr. Ted, all it needed was for Fr. Dougal to be the person to push the Big Red button to set off the charges.

Apologies CV, it's friday so cant be in a bad mood, I'm just naturally sarcastic & terse, a combination which alludes to a constant bad mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Apologies CV, it's friday so cant be in a bad mood, I'm just naturally sarcastic & terse, a combination which alludes to a constant bad mood.

Ahhh...and there was me telling everyone we met a cute fluffy wuffy little kitten of a man last Friday :D

Well it's Friday, the Laois match is on this weekend, ergo, lots and lots of booze!!! Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

so it was like a day in the life of Las Vegas then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Ahhh...and there was me telling everyone we met a cute fluffy wuffy little kitten of a man last Firday :D

PMSL!!!

:D:D:D

Advertisement