Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Car? Audi or BMW

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

eva11 wrote: »
    I've a 2004 BMW 318 Ci SE Coupe for sale if your interested???
    MODEDIT: sales ad deleted.

for 11k? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

stepbar wrote: »
    Folks,

I'm in the market for a new(er) ;) car. What i'm looking at specifically is the

Audi A3 (2000 onwards) / A4's (2001 onwards)

and

BMW 3 series (Coupe and Saloon 1999 onwards new shape).

I really have a preference for the 3 Series Coupe but TBH I think a lot of them are overpriced.

How in ever, lets say you had about 11k to spend (realistically) which car would you be throwing the eye over if you are looking at the entire picture (i.e Maintence Costs, MPG, Car Tax)

And what's the view on buying in the North, Good / Bad / Indifferent? (If anyone has the link for buying cars from the UK can you post it up).

Thanks

you can't go wrong with either tbh, though generally the older the audi/bmw the better but thats just me

just make sure it has a Full service history and is in immac mechanical order as though there very relyable... every car breaks down now and again and the important thing is to keep your costs low without making the car suffer...

eaiser said then done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

stretchaq wrote: »
    what is your price on the 318ci my audi is currently for sale im looking out for another A4 bout 04 but maybe ci is it m tech heres the audi

http://www.nosales here

Stop pimping your car. If I was interested I would have contacted you by now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

As a girl i think both cars are lovely but the bmw is definitely flashier. I think used audis are more reasonable. Audis are generally more understated and both are common enough. I used to drive a 00 a6 and the clutch was very very heavy. I drove a friends 99 a4 and it was the same so i would definitely test drive both and see what you think. I had pretty much no trouble with my a6. If it was me i'd go with th bmw but i know my boyfriend would go for the audi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

LolaDub wrote: »
    As a girl i think both cars are lovely but the bmw is definitely flashier. I think used audis are more reasonable. Audis are generally more understated and both are common enough. I used to drive a 00 a6 and the clutch was very very heavy. I drove a friends 99 a4 and it was the same so i would definitely test drive both and see what you think. I had pretty much no trouble with my a6. If it was me i'd go with th bmw but i know my boyfriend would go for the audi.

Interesting thoughts there from a female perspective. Not so worried about a heavy clutch in a car. My Clio has this problem and it doesn't really bother me too much. Actually I find it easier to control TBH. So far I've drove the Audi A3 (1998) and the A4 (2002 & 2004). TBH I'm actually more inclined towards the A4 at the moment having drove the A3 and all. However, the light clutch is hard to get used to. The first A4 I drove felt like I was driving a car on Nitro Gas ( I tend to drive hard ;) ). Haven't drove a BMW yet so that maybe clouding my judgement. So much to think about :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

There is a lot, just test drive both and get a feeling then make up your mind later. Around town traffic the clutch on that a6 was murder. Recently i drove a saab 93 and i think that was a better car.

Advertisement